• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New computer choice

New computer choice 13 years 1 month ago #40241

I am just about to start looking for a new desktop system for my office as my 'old' XP based system is having a hard time keeping up.  I think I am just about tired of fighting all the problems with the Windows-based systems so am considering either loading Linux or just switching to an Apple MAC.  Can anyone give me some pros and cons for either of these options with respect to using HIP? TIA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title : Emerald City Inspections, LLC- Dublin, GA
URL : www.dublinhomeinspections.com
Desc: Emerald City Inspections, LLC performs guaranteed "peace of mind" property inspections in Dublin and Laurens County, Georgia.  Call today - your home inspector for life !
Meta Keys : Certified...

Re: New computer choice 13 years 1 month ago #40242

Both run HIP but Linux is always quite a few versions behind due to the low number of users and I haven't found a way to auto open a PDF reader so you have to manually open it. Linux is really still for computer guys and a lot of things will be difficult for you to do. Go with a Mac if you switch.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: New computer choice 13 years 4 weeks ago #40276

• James Levy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NJ#24GI00101400, FL # HI7765
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been using a HP desktop for about six months now. It runs Windows 7 without a hitch. It is very fast and I am really pleased with the performance....for what its worth. ;)

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC
Home and commercial Inspections in Medford, Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Marlton NJ, and the surrounding areas.

Re: New computer choice 13 years 4 weeks ago #40280

Definitely a Mac guy here! The initial expense is a little higher, but it is really easy to get used to and I have never had an issue with a Mac! Never a virus or issue. I also use a Macbook Pro and once again never a problem.

Re: New computer choice 13 years 4 weeks ago #40287

Hey Aaron,

Nice to finally see you on the message boards!!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: New computer choice 13 years 4 weeks ago #40305

I know! I am a little slow at engaging on these things! But look out once I get started!

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.