• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New computer choice

Re: New computer choice 10 years 2 months ago #57180

I decided not to jump ship.  I stayed with the Windows system even though it has some issues.  The main reason was not work related.  Everything in my house is android/windows and it's all hooked up to itself.  The TV, my Tablet, my phone....I'm even thinking of hooking up the coffee pot! Hah!  I will be able to throw stuff onto the TV screen with this system which is pretty cool.  When I compared the price of switching to Apple I had to think about all these peripherals that would have to be switched too.  This made the choice cost prohibitive for an all at once decision.
    How did you like the Thinkpad, Dan?  I went with the new 13" Thinkpad Yoga with the touch/digitizer pen.  I7 Haswell, 8mb Ram, 128GB SSD.  My old T42 spends more time thinking than doing, but I like Thinkpads and I love their durability.  I think it should be pretty cool.  As long as I can get use to the new Windows (which seems like it's morphing to an OSX feel type interface). 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: New computer choice 10 years 2 months ago #57182

Bob...don't try taking that into the attic. 
Sean...I like the Thinkpad...mine just got too old.  Instead of going with a new X230t Thinkpad, the Sony Tap is only 1.2lbs w/ an 11.6 display.
My desktop was built by my son...so he's my IT guy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.