• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New computer choice

Re: New computer choice 10 years 3 months ago #57115

JD has a toughbook with the touchscreen.  I think it's a little quicker inputting a report with the stylus.  The macbook doesn't have that feature. Does windows 8.1 with a touchscreen have an advantage in this regard?  Or does it really just come down to personal preference?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: New computer choice 10 years 3 months ago #57116

Sean....The Lenovo Tablet 2 & Sony Tap both have stylus input with Windows 8.1

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: New computer choice 10 years 3 months ago #57117

Hey Dan,  I'm really looking for a notebook to replace my desktop, even though I will still use the desktop, I want to have the portability throughout the house and into the field.  That said, I have a Sony Xperia tablet that I am running HIP mobile on, but I still can't get generalized enough to use the mobile app alone. (actually we are still just taking notes...but one day!!) So this would be mostly used at home at the table or on the counter and sometimes (hopefully more) taken into the truck and used in conjunction with the tablet/notes for on site deliveries.  With your suggestions 1)Are you implying I might abandon the tablet all together and run the full version on site to collect the data? 2)That just because a screen has touch abilities that a stylus might not work on it with 8.1?
  And do you have an opinion about MAC vs Windows?  I've heard the rumors about reliability and functionality and have seen first hand the way Apple devices don't get clogged up over time....but everything in my house in Windows/Android and I just can't justify "trying" it out when it's so expensive. 

Re: New computer choice 10 years 3 months ago #57126

Re: New computer choice 10 years 2 months ago #57178

Hi Sean...sorry for delay. ? I run the full version of HIP in the field. ? I use the Sony Tap 11 with a digital pen. ? I'm don't use the Mobile app. ? Before the Sony Tap, for years I used a Thinkpad convertible. Again I used the full version of HIP, and ran the full ver of 3D on it. ? Im not a fan of delivering on site. ? I use Dropbox the transfer files to my desktop, and finish my report that way.

Im not big fan of Windows 8.1. ? HIP runs just as well on Mac or Windows. ? I do Like the Mac OS...however, I run mostly in Windows. ? As my systems age and die off I'll serious consider transition to Apple; but a Windows system is still much less.

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: New computer choice 10 years 2 months ago #57179

Dan I am with you.
Used to windows and everything transfers nicely.
Cost more but seriously thinking of the Dell all in one which is like a giant 18 inch tablet
running full windows .

Just seems fun way to keep working all over the house or travel though it is big and weighs 5 pounds.
i5 processor and 500 GB storage though you can get ..1T

www.dell.com/us/eep/p/xps-18-1810/pd

www.dell.com/us/eep/p/xps-18-1810/pd

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.