• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New computer choice

Re: New computer choice 11 years 2 months ago #52275

There's a Google+ and Facebook exchange thread in the website optimization section of the site.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: New computer choice 11 years 2 months ago #52631

I just picked up a MAC AIR 11.6".  Sweet little machine. Im still using my IBM Thinkpad Tablet XP for data collection. Task I can do in my sleep with Windows I actually have to think about since this is my 1st Apple. For you "dual" users out there...are there any obvious task with HIP I should be aware of when using HIP? Ive noticed that if I click in the upper left corner Home Inspector Pro 3>Quit Home Inspector Pro 3....I freeze up ever time.  I quess just don't lick there:)

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: New computer choice 11 years 2 months ago #52640

Yeah we can't hook into the Quit command, that's the only odd thing. Just use File->Exit or the red X instead.

Dominic Maricic

Re: New computer choice 11 years 2 months ago #52641

Awww..I though I was doing something wrong. Windows has always been my OS. I was eyeballing iPads...but I really couldn't justify it...but a laptop I needed, So I stepped out of my comfort zone.

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: New computer choice 10 years 3 months ago #57108

Are you guys still real high on the MACs?  I need a new laptop and have been a windows guy all my life and worry that I won't be able to customize the mac like I can a windows machine or that I will be lost without some filing system like windows explorer.  I've been seriously considering the Carbon X1 or the Acer S7 touchscreens running windows 8.1, but the prices are similar to MAC books.  DARE I????  Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but do you guys have any good advice?

Re: New computer choice 10 years 3 months ago #57111

Guys tend to adapt to Mac's pretty quickly but there is some learning curve. They do work well though!

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.