• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 2 months ago #27325

Dominic, it would be excellent if you could add something so that, for those that use rating boxes, do not miss checking a box.

I know that some areas of the country require ratings.  However, for me though—and this is just for discussion sake—I do not use the rating boxes for other reasons.

One is:  if I have a blank Damage panel—for the purpose of being able to add a photo(s)—rating boxes will show up in that damage panel section where I don’t want any.  See attached example showing the EXTERIOR section page from one of my inspections WITH and W/O Ratings.

Another reason is, ratings add about a half a page per section, on average, and I can get more verbiage and/or narratives per page without rating boxes.

One other reason is, in my opinion, rating boxes are redundant on a narrative format report. e.g  don’t think I need a rating box checked indicating something is broken when right next to it I have a narrative in bright red letters explaining that it is broken.

Bottom line, this is just another business decision....just my 1½  cents worth.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Serge Delhoyo
NOVA home inspection LLC
www.novahomeinspection.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: by Serge DelHoyo.

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 2 months ago #27345

Hi Dominic,
I am back with the same problem. Definitely an issue.
Well, to delete comments, now I use the DELETE button in Edit Comments. However, even when I Cut the comment and Paste it somewhere else, it will remove the comment from the (selection) panel, but it does not remove the comment from the memory, and as the template is saved, it will re-store the same comment to where I cut it out from. When I use the cut/paste option, that comment should not be back in that same section after saving.

Secondly - if I cut the comment out  from selection panel, paste it into damage panel [under same heading i.e. Stairs],
and now if I go back into selection panel and mouse over the comments, everything is shifted. Comments do not correspond to the moused over comment.  And if you double click any of the comments to edit it, completely different comment will pup up in the window. Everything is basicaly being read from memory, not from the actual location of the comments.
SO once I use the "cut/paste" option, I am in big trouble, as I cannot double click any comment and edit, selected for the report and move it to the selected section, or even cut and move another, as nothing correspond to itself any anymore, withouth saving the template and going back to that section. And then of course after saving, cut comment is back in its original as well as the new location. Now I have to use the delete button to get rid of it. As long as I stay with the delete and do not cut/paste any comment, it seems OK. But I definitely need Cut/Paste to organize my templates or I'll be re-typing them forever.

So please try it in your program;

1.Cut the comment , paste it somwhere else, go back to cut area and mouse over the comments - its shifted
2. Double click any of them and see that there is a different comment in the window that you have double clicked
3. Save the template, open again, go back to the cut section - comment is still there as well as in the new location.

FRANK MACAK   Lic.# 16000041526
PRIME INSPECTIONS  - www.prime-inspect.com
Quality Home Inspections in Delaware, Otsego, Chenango, Schoharie
Greene, and other Counties = approx. 75 miles radius from Oneonta NY

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 2 months ago #27356

Hi Dominic,
I am back with the same problem. Definitely an issue.
Well, to delete comments, now I use the DELETE button in Edit Comments. However, even when I Cut the comment and Paste it somewhere else, it will remove the comment from the (selection) panel, but it does not remove the comment from the memory, and as the template is saved, it will re-store the same comment to where I cut it out from. When I use the cut/paste option, that comment should not be back in that same section after saving.

Secondly - if I cut the comment out  from selection panel, paste it into damage panel [under same heading i.e. Stairs],
and now if I go back into selection panel and mouse over the comments, everything is shifted. Comments do not correspond to the moused over comment.  And if you double click any of the comments to edit it, completely different comment will pup up in the window. Everything is basicaly being read from memory, not from the actual location of the comments.
SO once I use the "cut/paste" option, I am in big trouble, as I cannot double click any comment and edit, selected for the report and move it to the selected section, or even cut and move another, as nothing correspond to itself any anymore, withouth saving the template and going back to that section. And then of course after saving, cut comment is back in its original as well as the new location. Now I have to use the delete button to get rid of it. As long as I stay with the delete and do not cut/paste any comment, it seems OK. But I definitely need Cut/Paste to organize my templates or I'll be re-typing them forever.

So please try it in your program;

1.Cut the comment , paste it somwhere else, go back to cut area and mouse over the comments - its shifted
2. Double click any of them and see that there is a different comment in the window that you have double clicked
3. Save the template, open again, go back to the cut section - comment is still there as well as in the new location.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the details on how to replicate the issue. I was able to replicate it and I'm pretty sure I know where the issue lies. I'll know more when I sit down and look at the code and work on the issue. This issue has probably been around since the first year the program was created and you're the first to find it! I don't think the cut button gets used very often, guys usually are copying comments around.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 2 months ago #27361

Thanks, I feel better now. I only ran into the problem, because I was streamlining the template, eliminating or refining the selection panels. So I was cutting from the selection panels and pasting them into damage panels.

FRANK MACAK   Lic.# 16000041526
PRIME INSPECTIONS  - www.prime-inspect.com
Quality Home Inspections in Delaware, Otsego, Chenango, Schoharie
Greene, and other Counties = approx. 75 miles radius from Oneonta NY
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.