• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 10 months ago #14921

• Scott Widick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Now thats thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Hippies,

I dont want to be a party pooper but your guys are posting link exchanges in the wrong topic. I love a good party... ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPACE EXPLORATIONS, LLC
www.sehomeinspection.com
Monument, Castle Rock, Lone Tree, Pueblo,Clorado Springs

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 10 months ago #14925

Yes, Ken, please try to keep the link exchanges in the link exchange threads, otherwise the forum emails all the users who've posted here that there's a new post about the beta version of the software.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 10 months ago #15790

Backup your current copy of HIP before continuing. You can easily do this by making a copy of your current Home Inspector Pro folder. You can even burn it to a CD in case you need it in the future.

We've finally completed the beta version 2.6.6.8 for the Mac. There should not be any issues as the code is almost identical to the Windows version which has been out a few weeks but please let us know how it goes. We'd like to release it to the general public in a few days.

We have finished our new installer for the Mac! Rather than copying files around and selecting those you need we have a Mac PKG installer. After you download the DMG file below, double click on it and double click the PKG inside. By default this installs the program to the Applications folder. This is very important. If you want the program to be installed to your desktop, make sure to select the desktop. If you'd like the program installed in the Application folder and your current copy is not there, move the Home Inspector Pro folder from your desktop to the Applications folder, and then run the update program.

If you have any questions let us know. There are a TON of new features which are listed below. Download the latest at www.homeinspectorpro.com/dmdocuments/Hom...ectorPro-2_6_6_8.dmg

Dominic Maricic

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 10 months ago #15807

The Mac Beta is not starting for me.  It just "bounces" a few times and then vanishes from the Doc.  The older version still loads fine.

Title: Halcyon Home Inspection
URL: www.halcyonhomeinspection.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Windsor, Rohnert Park, Petaluma and surrounding areas of Sonoma County, CA.
URL Path:Santa-Rosa-Home-Inspection.html

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 10 months ago #15819

Hmm, I tested it over and over and didn't have any issues. What folder did you install it into? Applications? Did you move the main program icon? It has to stay inside the Home Inspector Pro folder. Let me know and we can do a remote session.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 10 months ago #15822

All I did was make a copy of the original HIP folder (as a backup), then I ran the installer, all default locations.  I had the original HIP in the Applications folder already, with the program inside of it.  I will try a restart, just in case.

Title: Halcyon Home Inspection
URL: www.halcyonhomeinspection.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Windsor, Rohnert Park, Petaluma and surrounding areas of Sonoma County, CA.
URL Path:Santa-Rosa-Home-Inspection.html
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.