• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 7 months ago #22085

reruning the program update seems to have helped. Columns were reset and the edit button appears to be working correctly too. I am using laptop touch pad/left click
Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FRANK MACAK   Lic.# 16000041526
PRIME INSPECTIONS  - www.prime-inspect.com
Quality Home Inspections in Delaware, Otsego, Chenango, Schoharie
Greene, and other Counties = approx. 75 miles radius from Oneonta NY

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 7 months ago #22090

Ok cool. A file might not have gotten replaced when you ran the update. Glad to hear it's working okay now.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 3 months ago #27167

I seem to be having some issues with the program again / maybe it is my laptop - not sure
Version 2.6.6.8
Dell 1525 Laptop /touch pad
Here is the issue
1. Trying to clean out my template. When I highlight multiple items, say 5 items and use a "cut" button to get them out of the damage comments stored in my template, they will disappear from the template. However if I move the mouse over the existing [remaining] comments, the texts displayed - (since the comments are long) does not correspond to the text of what is being moused over. It is as if the computer retained the memory of the original locations of the comments and still is displaying them in that location. Even if I leave the section and go to a completely different section of the template, fill out a report on say bathroom floors, then come back to basement section -mouse will still mouse over and remember the original location of those comments that I cut out. They seem to be stuck in the memory???? If I save the template and reload it, go to the same section, now the comments that I cut, are back there again even thought they have not been displayed when I saved the template. I simply cannot delete certain comments.
2. After  cutting out comments as above, if I try to edit another comment by double clicking and editing it in the opened window - when I try to save it, it saves it, but it does not display the change in the original comment. When I mouse over it, it displays the new comment while the mouse is pointing to the old one.
But if I go and save the template, it will save the new comment, but the old comment will still remain.  So when I reload the template, I have an extra comment rather than the modified comment. Now if I move that comment over to the selected section on the right, it will stay as the original unedited comment even after saving the template.
There are  some other variation of the same problem. What in the world is going on ?? Is it my computer or is it the program itself? Thanks

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 3 months ago #27169

'Cut' is only half the process. A 'Cut' does not take affect until you 'Paste' the comments somewhere else. If you want to remove comments you need to hit Delete. See if that fixes all of the above for you

Dominic Maricic

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 3 months ago #27170

Well, that's just it. There is no delete button - cut /copy /paste - the delete "key" on the computer has no effect when I am in the HIP program. I highlight , hit delete -nothing happens, that's why I was trying to use the cut option.

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.6.6.8 Beta 14 years 3 months ago #27174

Click Edit Comments, on the left hand side you'll see add, move up/down and delete!

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.