• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Water Heater TPR piping

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 11 months ago #1264

$1 per thousand what?
I just performed a New Construction Inspection here today, about 1500 sq.ft., I spent 4 1/2 hours at the home, and then 2 1/2 hours to create the report and upload it to the web. That's 7 hours so far and I charge $225. Thats aprox. $32 per hour and I'm not done yet time wise phone consulting etc. + fuel etc.   

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Denver’s Best Home Inspection
www.denversbesthomeinspector.com
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Denver,  Parker, Castle Rock and the Entire Denver and Surrounding Area. 303-888-4599
key:  denver home inspection
URL pth: denver's-best-home-inspection.html
Denver Infrared...

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 11 months ago #1266

David ,your prices are to low and you need to raise them.

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 11 months ago #1271

He also needs to switch to Home Inspector Pro if it's taking 2.5 hours (cough cough, hehe). There was a nice post by Bob and then Bert here: www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?p=360061#post360061 where Bert talks about HIP cutting his report time in half.

Dave, I think Jay is saying he charges based on the homes selling price, $1 per thousand dollars. Do a $250,000 house would cost $250 for the inspection. Am I correct in that Jay?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 11 months ago #1272

Bob,
Where are you located? Do you post your pricing?
Look at mine, click here: www.denversbesthomeinspector.com
and click on my pricing. Problem is, I check when I can here, and when some inspector posts his pricing, I'm right in there........... but as usual many don't post their pricing. Some jacka$$'$ advertise $200 w/ free radon test, how do you compete with that? (I dont try) I will not match prices if asked. They are what they are.

Denver’s Best Home Inspection
www.denversbesthomeinspector.com
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Denver,  Parker, Castle Rock and the Entire Denver and Surrounding Area. 303-888-4599
key:  denver home inspection
URL pth: denver's-best-home-inspection.html
Denver Infrared...

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 11 months ago #1274

Dave - If the house costs $385,000, I charge $385 for the inspection.  Or, in other words, $1 per thousand in value.  My minimum is $250 and max is $500.  For real expensive houses that maximum is a great price around here.  There are realtors here who specialize in the high-end stuff and they all know me.  Still, despite a good price, you have to render a great inspection - most veteran realtors are real savvy and know when you screw up and it gets around an office pretty quick.  For the amount of time your process takes you, Dave, it might sound like you are not charging enough...  but, your market really determines that price, not you necessarily.  Your clients do not appreciate the amount of time you spend, only the product you come up with in the end.

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 11 months ago #1276

Dave - Postscript - I had another TPR today with no place to vent!

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.