• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Water Heater TPR piping

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 10 months ago #1222

One would have to see it , with other thoughts being drain pans , and blocks.
Uphill is a no no.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 10 months ago #1224

Dave, if you have pics, feel free to attach them to your post so others can check them out :)

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 10 months ago #1226

Will do but but this one was pretty cut & dried........old house no floor drain for TPR piping for HWH. I have to note it on the report, cuz if I dont and in this case it would probably be written up by the next inspector as it was a pre-listing inspection. I dont like raising the flag, but dont feel like I got much choice. The best I can do is say something like, "it almost never sticks open and causes any problems, but you never know and it's my job to point it out to you"

Here's a good one though!!!!!!!
This same house had multiple wires under on lug on two different breakers, (the panel was full) and I noted it on the report. Also there was a 14awg on a 20amp breaker. When I went back this morning to retreive a radon monitor the remodel contractor replaced these two breakers with 50 amp breakers! 
Can you top that! 

Denver’s Best Home Inspection
www.denversbesthomeinspector.com
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Denver,  Parker, Castle Rock and the Entire Denver and Surrounding Area. 303-888-4599
key:  denver home inspection
URL pth: denver's-best-home-inspection.html
Denver Infrared...

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 10 months ago #1229

Can't top it unless I had time to think about it - we've all seen some weird stuff.  At least with the 50 amps the wiring is covered.*  The breakers won't get hot...!  I had a new home the other day where the kitchen light switch turned the fridge on and off.  You have to try real hard to do that.  For all I know, the "electrician" was Paco, of "zapped electrician" fame.  I had in my notes that there appeared to be a short in the fridge, odd for a new appliance, but it can happen.  Then, later, I turned on the light switch and heard the fridge turn on.  Serendipity!
* Home inspector joke, which the County guys never seem to appreciate....

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 10 months ago #1230

I laughed out loud on that one!
Ironically, this guy that did the 50amp trick was named Paco also! This same guy got up on the house and pulled the service wire tighter at the weatherhead to raise the serivce wires that were almost touching the roof of the detached garage he put up. I said, "man, did you go up there and work on that, dont you know you could have fried, you should have called the power company", he said yeh, I was careful.
I'm still one up on you!

Denver’s Best Home Inspection
www.denversbesthomeinspector.com
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Denver,  Parker, Castle Rock and the Entire Denver and Surrounding Area. 303-888-4599
key:  denver home inspection
URL pth: denver's-best-home-inspection.html
Denver Infrared...

Re: Water Heater TPR piping 15 years 10 months ago #1231

Dees ees jhao wee duu een Neecaragwa, ok man dude?  Eet ok now, ok?  ¡Abrazos!

Now, if you could get him to do it in the pouring rain... well, at least he's up on the house, so he isn't grounded...*

*Another home inspector joke, which the County guys never seem to appreciate....

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.