• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do you do your summary with the client?

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55066

Cameron, I want to Thank You for the detail and work you have displayed to help me. It is alot to think about, and I will work on, starting tomorrow, but I feel it will take some time. I don't know if it will help my time, but I believe it will allow me to produce a better report for my clients.

Bob, Thank You again for your support. I will try that feature of HIP, once I figure it out.

Thank You everyone that has given their time and effort to help me. I hope that this information finds it way to others that can use the help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Steven Wessler

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55067

One day at a time, keep us posted. ;)

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55071

This is one of the most productive threads here in a very long time. Great jobs guys!!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55074

I am trying to go through this thread & reread all the posts, I agree Dom, great input by all.

I reduced my clicks in preparation for today.

I was thinking of creating a report reference page. I could save a lot of time if I can create the pages properly (illustrations, reference verbiage, links

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55077

Steven,

You don't have to make changes all at once. Start small- maybe first look at creating an INTERIOR section.
As Bob & Cameron both demonstrated, sit down and add NOTES for those comments. Your report will still maintain it's integrity and the detail you have created.

These are the Tabs I have under Interior:
INTERIOR:
Main Entry Door
Other Exterior Doors
Windows
Walls
Ceilings
Floors
Stairs & Handrails
Closets
Fireplace

This may have been mentioned above and I missed it - but your report doesn't have a Summary Page. I know some inspector's think it will force client's to read the entire report.  If your client is going to skip reading the report; that's going to be the same client who will scan your pages and only look for "red".  With a Summary- at least all the "red" is in one place and less likely to be overlooked(but that's personal preference).

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55078

Agree with above.
You should always use a summary section with HIP.
The nature of the software automatically encourages a longer report with full photo and graphic features which is nice but
that is for the clients.
The Agents and Lawyers need to get a summary and not read through all the maintenance tips.

Forget the guys who state who cares about the Agents .
They are the ones never working.
For me the challenge is to add as much info as I can while at the same time providing a streamlined format.
This applies to doing and the end result.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.