• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do you do your summary with the client?

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 5 months ago #55086

Steve you se3nt me a report last winter so i need to relook before bed.
Just booked 8 jobs in like 3 hours this afternoon to be completed befor weekend.Yikes.
Need speed lessons and fast.

Dom if you have separate tabs for separate systems that is the best way in my opinion.
Anytime I try to combine my particular template tabs into one it becomes a big mistake.
I might increase but would never reduce my present template no matter what because I know what works for my certain look and thought process more than anyone even you buddy.

Hey all these years we never really went over how to speed me up other than your usual generalities you know.
Mainly because you're so busy and I hate bugging you about this stuff in person.

As far as tabs go I for instance have a tab called utility room and yes it is needed because putting
things such as makeup air and drain pans,etc do not fit under just heating,water heater or laundry yet can belong to all three and NO I am not going
to create a tab called Heating,water heater and laundry.

Whats good about HIP is you can have one template and not use all the tabs because only those with comments show in the report.
Therefore my roof section has type,materials,soffits,fascia,eaves,parapet walls,coping,etc 
I would not use parapet walls section on a sloped roof most likely but also no reason to create lots of templates especially in a town like Chicago
where we have every style under the sun.
Any combination may be needed at any time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 5 months ago #55087

Steven, if that's an issue keep the summary and change the red to another color. Put the summary in the back if you don't want the agent complaining. In the meantime you're doing a disservice for all the people a summary would help.

Bob, why does it become a mistake if you combine things?

Most people have laundry separate.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 5 months ago #55089

I remember that someone had asked you before if there could be (2) summary pages, one major defects and one all others. I don't remember what your reply was, but since that has not changed in the upgrades, it its not the correct avenue.  I will return the Summary Page leave it the color red, and be sure to only enter the Major defects, all others will be throughout the report as they should.

Steven Wessler

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 5 months ago #55091

I figured out notes and also learned the little trick on drop downs with the comma.
I believe that what my new template will be is a combination of what Cameron has laid out for me and still keep some of my tabs like Bob said. Then fine tune it from there.
This is a Great Board and many of the Best Inspectors in this business that give their time and knowledge to help others. Thank You all.
Thank You to Dominic and all his staff for the time you have spent with me as well.

Steven Wessler

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 5 months ago #55092

Busy week ahead but would like to really take another look at your red comments.
Have a feeling you may be adding either too many items that are minor in essence or using alarming comments.
Keep in mind the forum guys are gonna suggest tons of emergency lingo and tons of disclaimers that if put in actual practice in a real report might scare the pants off real clients in the report.

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 5 months ago #55093

Dom the more you combine things the less you need report software. Think about it.
Might as well just write a one page story then. Lol

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.