• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do you do your summary with the client?

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55079

Just finished 2 reports and one thing I wish to add is I disagree with the statement from Cameron about less tabs being better.
What you save in clicks you gain in hunting a longer list of comments and less targeted slotting.
Just my opinion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55080

My lists within my panels I have create to many clicks, my template needs an enema!!

Better to see the comment with a Note within the panels.

Even a old dog like me can learn new tricks. Going to get an I pad this week (can I use beta on the I pad until I get my template tweaked??)

If I can get this done I can increase my bottom line 100%.

Thanks again.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...
Last Edit: by David Macy.

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55081

I do agree!  
I have a section titled GROUNDS. In that section are separate "Tabs" for Porch, Patio, Deck, & Balcony
I do "try" to keep "tabs" to one horizontal row so I can scan them quickly.
Attachments:

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/
Last Edit: by Dan Musielski.

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55082

There's a balance Bob. 1000 tabs would really suck, so would 1. You have to find the happy medium.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55083

In Steve's case, less tabs is better. Bob's point about combining tabs will make you have to scroll more is not really applicable. Steve has tabs specifically just for materials. Combining those tabs with their matching components doesn't add any comments together because he would only be putting the materials in a selection panel and adding it to the same tab with a damage panel.

But to Bob's point, there may be inspectors who's template may suffer if they combined different components into one tab. It really all depends on the number of comments which are present in the two damage panels which would be combined.

For example, I have a total of approximately four unique comments in my electrical wiring section. I also have a list with 30-40 electrical wiring defects which I use to populate my comments. For systems with multiple identical components(like windows or wiring), you can address all the windows using the same comment multiple times. My windows section only has 5-6 comments as well.

Combining tabs together may work for some and may not be feasible for others, it all depends on how you write your comments.

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com
Last Edit: by Cameron Anderson.

Re: How do you do your summary with the client? 10 years 6 months ago #55085

Dan and Bob,
No have not had a summary page for most of 2013 due to complaints from Agents and Clients.
I had one client (Husband and Wife) that where with me for the inspection. I completed the inspection and sent them the Report. Now on my behalf, I went over each and every item of concern with them that day. The husband called me the next day and said I scared the He...ll out of his wife with all the red in the summary. I explained, but it was too late I was now the alarmist. It has happened three or four times  with clients and twice with agents. So I removed the summary page and explain at each and every inspection and in the email with the report to read the entire report. So then I got the "To long of report" I went to sleep.
Thats another reason that I asked for help.

Steven Wessler
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.