• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GRRRRR to the Realtor!!!

GRRRRR to the Realtor!!! 15 years 2 months ago #8789

I am soooo BEEEEPIN pissed right now.  I did an HI & IR yesterday and today I received a call from the buyers Realtors Wife (team Realtors I guess). 

They wanted to know where my summary page is with all the contractual required repairs and estimated cost are! 

I asked her which report are they looking at?  Only the HI will have a summary page and it is at the beginning of the report.  I also told her (as she interrupts me EVERY time I try to talk) that I would have no idea what their contract would have in it for contractual repairs.  I also tried to tell her that I don't do cost estimates and home inspectors are not required to provide cost estimates here in Oklahoma. 

She then chastised me for not doing this and questioned my knowledge and experience and said its in the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission standard contract.  (I had her fax me a copy!)  Here is a copy for you guys to read.  She highlighted page two part 7 sections A, B, and  C.  www.ok.gov/OREC/documents/Uniform%20Cont...state.(Field)pdf.pdf

I want soooo bad to go up to them in person and show them Oklahoma State Law for home inspections and say show me where I did something wrong.  And take their own contract and say show me where it lists any specific items for me to put in my summary page and provide a cost estimate.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: GRRRRR to the Realtor!!! 15 years 2 months ago #8791

Dear Team of Realturds,

In accordance with the contract signed between HLC Home Inspections LLC and  xxxx xxxxx,  I have supplied MY CLIENT with the appropriate Home Inspection Report as required by the terms of that contract and the State of Oklahoma.  The "summary" is located at the front of the report.

As a professional home inspector, I leave the negotiations for the purchase and sale of a specific property to those licensed by the State of Oklahoma to do so.  In this instance, you, as the licensed Realturds and representatives of the buyer, have this responsibility.  It is your job to sit with your client and determine whether they will continue with the purchase of the property in it's current condition, or if the price or conditions will be re-negotiated as a result of the home inspection report.

I am not a contractor and therefore do not quote repair prices as the pricing structure and cost of supplies can vary widely by quality, area and company.  That is not my job.  My job is to supply MY CLIENT with information regarding the condition of the property.  Items that I consider minor, may very well be of a higher importance to MY CLIENT.  Those are personal choices that should be discussed with their Realturd when considering renegotiating the terms of the purchase and sales agreement.

As for the contract that you faxed me, that is of no concern to a home inspector.  The terms and conditions of a home sale are negotiated between the parties and their Realturds.  A home inspector would be breaking the law by becoming involved in a transaction any further than allowed by their Home Inspection license.

Should MY CLIENTS have any questions or conerns regarding the report, I am always willing and available to answer their questions.  It would be a disservice to MY CLIENTS to attempt to quote prices that may end up being significantly higher depending on the further inspection and recommendation of a professional contractor or service technician as requested by the buyer. 

Perhaps if you weren't such lazy asses you would already understand that IT IS YOUR JOB NOT MINE. 

Best wishes. 

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: GRRRRR to the Realtor!!! 15 years 2 months ago #8792

• James Levy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NJ#24GI00101400, FL # HI7765
  • Thank you received: 0
John, I just for the first time in my life read the Oklahoma Real Estate Contract. I don't see any language at all to support her claim. Is she and her husband new to real estate? Does Oklahoma have their own standards of practice, where there may be something to support this? New Jersey has their own standards which are ASHI's re-written in a legislative form to really confuse things.

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC
Home and commercial Inspections in Medford, Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Marlton NJ, and the surrounding areas.

Re: GRRRRR to the Realtor!!! 15 years 2 months ago #8793

• Ian Niquette
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just another goofy lookin guy with no hair!!
Glad to see someone started this thread for me today, I had a real winner call this morning. Sorry, John, I would go with the above advice on this one, not YOUR job. Anyway, back to the cockroach that called me after an inspection this morning.

I have a HI set up for tomorrow with this guys buyer, now My client as well. He leaves me a message saying I need to call him regarding some radon testing, that I have caused quite a few waves. Blah, blah, blah.

MY client wanted a radon test performed. I told him I would do the testing as long as it was in his sales contract, at the time of the home inspection. If it was not in the contract, we would have to wait until after closing and do the test. I KNOW, THIS IS WI LAW, STUPID, BUT IT'S THE LAW. So, he says it's in the contract, ok. call realtor and ask about entry and verify time and good to go.

Now the broker calls me today and tells me that I CANNOT offer to do the radon test. I said what yu mean CANNOT. Well, it's not in the contract so you can't bring that up to hte client. I said hold on here. "As the owner of my company, I can offer any service I wish. It is my company, not yours, not the states, if I want to offer to scrub his shoes for 10 bucks after the inspection, I will. He says, no it's not in the contract you can't. I said, we may not be able to perform the test, but you can't tell me I can't OFFER this service. He said, no you CAN"T. So, I told hime to send it to me in wriing, that was a few hours ago, nothing yet. LMAO. What a jackoff.

Should be interesting HI tomorrow, hope the cockroach shows up. Why don't these guys worry about what their job is and do it right. Then they won't have to worry about what service I'm offering MY clients.

In the end I told him that I advised the client that it need to be in his contract, or testing would have to wait. And unless he needed me to take care of anything else for him right now, I had to get going. Sorry John, had to let er rip on this one.

Square One Home Inspection
Square One Home Inspection proudly serves Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Dodge, Marquette, Columbia, Winnebago, and Waushara Counties. Complete home inspections, thermal imaging and Radon testing available.
www.squareonehomeinspection.com
Keywords : Fond du Lac Home Inspection,...

Re: GRRRRR to the Realtor!!! 15 years 2 months ago #8794

• James Levy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NJ#24GI00101400, FL # HI7765
And, and, and, you can't have radon testing in your message board signature either. Its the LAW!  ;D

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC
Home and commercial Inspections in Medford, Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Marlton NJ, and the surrounding areas.

Re: GRRRRR to the Realtor!!! 15 years 2 months ago #8795

• Ian Niquette
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just another goofy lookin guy with no hair!!

And, and, and, you can't have radon testing in your message board signature either. Its the LAW!  ;D

Ya know, with some of the STUPID calls I get from realtors, I have to start recording them. I could make a greatest  hits deal comparitive to the Jerky Boys. Just rattles me some days. Drew, I will be SURE to remove that from my signature line once I get that in writing, LOL. Karma for you, cuz now I'm laughing about this windowlicker.

Square One Home Inspection
Square One Home Inspection proudly serves Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Dodge, Marquette, Columbia, Winnebago, and Waushara Counties. Complete home inspections, thermal imaging and Radon testing available.
www.squareonehomeinspection.com
Keywords : Fond du Lac Home Inspection,...
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.