• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dragon Naturally Speaking

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49712

Do you use dragon wireless on site?

If client is with you, wouldnt be a chore to prevent what they say getting into your program? or when they interrupt you while you speak into it.  I am assuming you use the dragon on site with a portable lap top or tablet.

Can you explain further how you can get your voice into the correct catagories on the HIP program?

And can dragon work with Apple also?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49713

• Dana Bostick
  • Dana Bostick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Against the grain is a way of life.
  • Thank you received: 0
Actually no, I do not use it on site.  My on-site time is primarily information gathering.  I take lots of pictures and make a few notes.  In most cases I do not even take my computer inside.  I do my reports at home on my desktop and that is where I use Dragon.  The only thing I have to worry about at home is the stupid dogs howling and barking in the background when somebody walks down the street.  So far I have not been able to get Dragon to translate woo woo woo into anything legible. ::)

True Professionals, Inc. Home inspections and Property Consultation, Litigation Support, HOA Maintenance Consulting
www.HomeInspection-LosAngeles.com
Certified Infrared Thermographer www.MagicLeakFinders.com
www.Thermal-Diagnostics.com
All services provided in the Southern...

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49715

Do you do narrative reports or check box reports.

Here in california i do narratives,

Will the dragon educate me to use properly for narrative or is it better with check box?

Thanks

will

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49716

• Dana Bostick
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I do narrative style reports.  I primarily use Dragon to build my comments if I'm changing them or building a new template.

True Professionals, Inc. Home inspections and Property Consultation, Litigation Support, HOA Maintenance Consulting

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49717

So if I understand correctly, you create your narratives with dragon, but when you actually do the report you go to your template and pull the narratives or do i have it wrong.

I would think you open your inspection report and start using dragon for entries into the actual report,

Will

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49718

• Dana Bostick
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
That is correct.  I do not "dictate on the fly" so to speak. 
There are many valid reasons to not do so. Ambient noise, some do not speak extemporaneously very well, look/sound like a looney for talking to your self during the inspection. ::)
Using Dragon will train you to speak in full proper sentences.  This is an art that not many natively have in my experience. ::) Writing well is an acquired skill.  It takes a lot of practice.

Just reading the comments I see in many reports clearly illustrates that point.  They are awful, full of grammar errors, spelling mistakes and poor use of punctuation.  Wow! "What school you went?" ??? Very unprofessional.  Yes, I am a grammar Nazi! :o

It sort of defeats the purpose of using inspection software with pre-formatted comments library if you have to create the entire inspection from scratch each time.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.