• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dragon Naturally Speaking

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 6 months ago #50608

I'm writing my reports on a MacBook Air.  When I brought Dragon Dictate into the mix and tried to hand her dialogue all I got was a pretty spinning processing icon and I could go no further.  Does anybody have a quick fix for this?  I know I'm using Dragon dictate properly, because that's how I wrote this dialogue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 6 months ago #50610

Dragon has an issue with Java apps on a Mac. It seems that Dragon outsourced their Mac version to another company that's way behind the times. You can dictate into another box and then copy/paste into HIP but that's it until they fix this bug in their Mac version.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 6 months ago #50613

I do not know about the laptops but the Imac has its own voice recognition system which is awesome.

I am heading down to apple tomorrow to get some Iphone help and I will check with them on how many of the laptops may have their own voice recognition system.

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 3 months ago #51603

I use Dragon as well. It cuts the report writing time down immensely. Specially coding and captioning photos. 1/4 of the time it takes then to type the language in. It can be quirky and the more you practice, the better it will be. Great tool indeed. I am now using version 12. I am also using Win 8 (which does rhyme with hate...which I do!). It is an awful, tablet based operating system that is confounding. I now have the hang of it...but if you have Win 7...I highly recommend that you stay with it.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.