• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dragon Naturally Speaking

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49719

Actually I was referring when you get back to the office and start writing the report.

Do you use dragon in that manner, open up report and use dragon through the whole inspection writing process or do you just go in and pull narratives from templates.

In my mind I would want to come back to the office, open up the HIP create the report by using dragon.  Do you do this or just pull the template information that you already created with dragon.

I just noticed that dragon does not operate with apple at this time.  Is that true?

Thanks
Will :o :o

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49720

• Dana Bostick
  • Dana Bostick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Against the grain is a way of life.
  • Thank you received: 0
I do not know about the Apple situation, I do not use that OS.  I suppose going to Nuance's site would answer that question.

I do not use Dragon to actually "dictate" the report on-the-fly.  I use it to create comments if something special is needed or to edit existing comments.  I do not use any of the computer control features such as launching programs etc.  In fact, I have to watch out for that occurring if I use a word like "file".  Dragon has the tendency to read that as a command as opposed to dictation and then act on it.

I use Dragon for lots of things in addition to reports.  In fact, I am using it right now to write this reply.  I also do a lot of website building and blogging and Dragon comes in handy there as well.  Pretty much anywhere I need to enter a substantial amount of text, Dragon gets called into play because it is faster, and it can actually spell properly whereas I do not very well. ::) Go figure!  I write a lot but can not spell worth a damn.

True Professionals, Inc. Home inspections and Property Consultation, Litigation Support, HOA Maintenance Consulting
www.HomeInspection-LosAngeles.com
Certified Infrared Thermographer www.MagicLeakFinders.com
www.Thermal-Diagnostics.com
All services provided in the Southern...
Last Edit: by Dana Bostick.

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49721

Thanks a lot for your help.

Time to build the narratives.

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49722

• Dana Bostick
  • Dana Bostick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Against the grain is a way of life.
  • Thank you received: 0
I have found that Dragon does not always play nice with HIP.  Rather than dictating directly into the comment window, click there and then use the "Dictation Box" from Dragon to create the comment.  Then just click insert and do any clean up needed.

True Professionals, Inc. Home inspections and Property Consultation, Litigation Support, HOA Maintenance Consulting
www.HomeInspection-LosAngeles.com
Certified Infrared Thermographer www.MagicLeakFinders.com
www.Thermal-Diagnostics.com
All services provided in the Southern...

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49727

William to clarify what Dana is stating you DEFINITELY want to select existing narratives first and then use Dragon to edit or create new narratives. Most inspectors hit a sweet spot where around 80-85% of narratives are already in their reports. It takes a second to select a comment and a good minute to speak and edit one. Multiple that by hundreds of comments and you're saving tons of time.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 years 9 months ago #49730

I know what you are saying.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.