• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Picture location

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28628

Also Mike, I'm assuming you have a comment that includes where the issues is. Did you know you can click on the drop down box in the caption area and select from all the comments you've chosen?

I did not know that. But, I place my photos before I write the report. So I would have to go back and redo the photos correct? I would rather it was a location in the caption box. I like to be able to have an image of a door for example and be able to pick the locations. I would like to keep my comments location neutral so I do not have to keep typing in different locations on every report, that way the client can read the comment, "there are doors that do not operate properly" then look at the photo and see the locations. It seems to me that many reports I see from me and others have an image, but the client has to guess as to what room the defect is in. If there is a drop down that always has the locations there, you can pic one or multiple locations.

Does that make sense?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28629

Yeah under Report Settings->Options->Item Options you can set unused panels not to print. I definitely don't see a reason to have a separate home and condo template.

I use this feature and have it set not to print if no comments are in a section, but sometimes the sections print anyway. I have to go in and uncheck them so they do not print.

<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28630

Also Mike, I'm assuming you have a comment that includes where the issues is. Did you know you can click on the drop down box in the caption area and select from all the comments you've chosen?

I did not know that. But, I place my photos before I write the report. So I would have to go back and redo the photos correct? I would rather it was a location in the caption box. I like to be able to have an image of a door for example and be able to pick the locations. I would like to keep my comments location neutral so I do not have to keep typing in different locations on every report, that way the client can read the comment, "there are doors that do not operate properly" then look at the photo and see the locations. It seems to me that many reports I see from me and others have an image, but the client has to guess as to what room the defect is in. If there is a drop down that always has the locations there, you can pic one or multiple locations.

Does that make sense?

Hi Mike
i solved that issue long ago by always adding location as a caption
Thats why I never ever go back and caption from comment dropdowns.

This is why I have begged Dom to reverse it so that captions can be added into a comment area drop down into the future.

My opinion is the process is reversed as only 1/3 actually use tablets on site, but that is how the software is setup.

I am sure Dom will work on it in future upgrades, but still it is the best anyway.

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28688

Mike, the not printing items checkbox only affects items within a page. You do have to uncheck a page if you want the entire thing not to print.

Once the dropdowns within narratives are done you'd easily be able to choose the location with the narrative and then just batch add first, do your report, then go and set the sections and captions. I'm also trying to squeeze the photos back into the program sections itself so you can batch add, set the comments, then go to the report and see the photos in each section. I'm having a problem finding a good place for them to fit though.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28699

Mike, the not printing items checkbox only affects items within a page. You do have to uncheck a page if you want the entire thing not to print.

Once the dropdowns within narratives are done you'd easily be able to choose the location with the narrative and then just batch add first, do your report, then go and set the sections and captions. I'm also trying to squeeze the photos back into the program sections itself so you can batch add, set the comments, then go to the report and see the photos in each section. I'm having a problem finding a good place for them to fit though.

OK, I will uncheck those pages, I am glad to know I was doing it properly and my program wasn't messing up.

Dom, I have not used HomeGauge, but I did watch the tutorial they have on their site back when I was trying to decide on what program to use. The image is on the page as you work within the report. I think you said you were trying to add that feature.

You are saying that I would add the images, do the report, then go back into the images an add the location? If I am correct, I think I would forget to do some of that. If you are able to have the image in the narrative part of the report, It can all be done at one time.

I think I may not be explaining it correctly.

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28702

If I am following ,he is also working on a thumbs section for that.

IMO it would be easier to have the comments come to the image and much easier to comment on a bigger picture in front of you from the photo add section.

It is all semantics in that something like a split screen effect would be needed where one picture is seen instead of four, which would leave room for comments to be scrolled through on the other half.

Imagine if when you picked section drop downs in a photo that all the comments for that section appeared on the other half of your screen.
That would kick butt.
You could just click the comment to attach to the photo.

Reverse from present I know , but I bet it would be great.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.