• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Picture location

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28740

Here's what will happen.

Open program, batch add photos. Set the locations for all the photos. This way you can still place 100 photos in 5 minutes which is by far the fastest method of any program (I'm not counting arrows and stuff).

Now when you go to each item (i.e. Kitchen->Dishwasher) within the program you'll see the photos you choose for that item. Eventually you'll be able to caption here as well as rearrange the photos via drag/drop.

Or, you can continue to caption and edit the photos in the Add/Review photos which gives the best of both worlds.

From what I'm told from people who've switch in part because our photo features, with HG you're going to each section, looking through all your photos then adding them to that section. That means you could could through your 100 photos, in 200-500 different sections.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28757

Follow what you are saying but it depends:

How big are the thumbs ?

For instance at present time the pop out one gets by resting on the picture is the same size  as before,and not needed.

If done the way you mentioned will we still be stuck with duplication of the entire comment ,which is redundant, or can it show as a caption/ text comment under the picture only ,which would be better if the caption still shows as a colored summary item.

My thought is for guys like me who go home and work comments directly off pictures and want a cool finished product with out having to switch back and forth from picture editor to comment section.(just a thought)

The biggest reason this is needed of course ,is because several pictures under one tab that are comment worthy do not generate the comments close to the pictue and there is no magic bullet that lines those comments up under the picture being commented on.

4 or 5 pictures in a row followed by 4 or five comments may be a little confusing in the way dumping them all at bottom of the report would be , but to a more minor degree.

Last Edit: by Bob Elliott.

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28758

This is going be such a terrific feature Dominic.  I can’t wait!

NOW:  I do batch-add and set all the photo locations. However—as I’m writing the report, and I need to edit/add arrow, etc/caption/ and/or rearrange—I do waste a bit of time hunting for the correct tab where the photo is located (especially if I have an average of 50 or more).

I'm not proficient enough yet, to do all the photo editing that's required for the final cut of the report—at the beginning, as I batch-add photos and set their locations. :P

Serge Delhoyo
NOVA home inspection LLC
www.novahomeinspection.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28760

My thought is for guys like me who go home and work comments directly off pictures and want a cool finished product with out having to switch back and forth from picture editor to comment section.(just a thought)

Totally agree!

Serge Delhoyo
NOVA home inspection LLC
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28761

Sergio
Have you ever timed your average speed on edit after batch add.

My average is 15 seconds per shot.

200 shots is usual for me as I use pictures as notes ,rather than lugging around a computer during the Inspection.

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28764

Have you ever timed your average speed on edit after batch add.

No, I haven't.

I normally "print" the report as I go along.  One thing I look at is where the photo or photos print out on the page. For example, if the photo prints out right under the defect narrative—I seldom add a caption, because the best caption is right above the photo in red text. If the photo prints out on the page after the narrative, then I will insert a very brief caption for clarity.

Serge Delhoyo
NOVA home inspection LLC
Last Edit: by Serge DelHoyo.
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.