• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Picture location

Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28436

I would like to see a feature that when you choose the section for the image, you can then have a drop down menu and pick the room in the house it is located. Example, a plumbing drain image would be placed in plumbing section under drains, but then it could be labeled kitchen or bathroom. It would be nice to have the rooms saved so u can just pick them instead of typing it every time.

I have a question about another feature I think is already being worked on. Is there going to be a feature where you can view your image at the same time as the sections?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28446

Dominic says he is working on something like that in future updates.
Last year had so many improvements over a short time that I think he is resting on the sixth day  ;D

Drop downs would be cool but remember also that at present time there is no way to group single words together with comments as they have a comma ,bullet,line separation,etc but no option to just string them together without at least a comma.

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28453

Both the ability to see photos while working on the report after placing them in the photo section, and drop down boxes are being worked on. They are both big features and making sure they are backwards compatible with all templates is a big challenge but getting closer to being done.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28454

Also Mike, I'm assuming you have a comment that includes where the issues is. Did you know you can click on the drop down box in the caption area and select from all the comments you've chosen?

Dominic Maricic

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28459

He could also create a tab for all of those with every room.

Drains are in Bathrooms and Kitchens so you have those two sections with drains.
Also you can have more tabs than you need as you can always deselect them to not show if unused.

Heck I use one template for homes and Condos by just using a few extra tabs for common areas and simply not using them if it is say a house.

Re: Picture location 14 years 2 months ago #28460

Yeah under Report Settings->Options->Item Options you can set unused panels not to print. I definitely don't see a reason to have a separate home and condo template.

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.