• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just curious if

Just curious if 6 years 8 months ago #63812

there's a way to put comments in the "Red" section and NOT have them appear in the summary?

I know I've brought this up in the past, but my report text is color coded and everything in red MUST go at the bottom of each section which makes it not flow as well I.E. when I have a missing TPR valve (in red) and go on to say other things about the water heater (in black) and then comment about it being 15 years old (in red).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Just curious if 6 years 8 months ago #63813

Sure, use the Advanced Color feature:

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Just curious if 6 years 8 months ago #63814

Yes, I can turn it red with the advanced color thing, but it then it won't come up in the summary (right?) I'm looking for all red to be in the summary and all other colors not in the summary and at the same time be able to move red comments up so that they're not always at the bottom. I figured a workaround to this might be putting black comments in the "Red" section via the advanced color menu but then they too will be in the summary (unless there's a way for them not to be)

Just curious if 6 years 8 months ago #63816

I think it would make more sense to put red comment in black as you don't want them in the summary. I'm still not sure I see why you're doing this though. Things will start to look a bit like a rainbow if you're alternating to and from colors within the same item. We try to keep things coded to help keep them easier to read.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Just curious if 6 years 8 months ago #63817

What I want is this:

Heating System
Black text that describes the system
Black text that describes the location of the heater
Red text that describes a major defect with the location of the system (confined space, etc) (also goes in summary)
Black text that indicates that the system was functioning properly during the inspection
Black text that describes the method of air intake
Black text that describes the exhaust
Red text that describes a major defect with the exhaust (also goes in summary)
Black text that indicates the model and serial number of the heater
Black text that indicates the year of manufacture and typical life expectancy of the heater
Red text that indicates that the heater is past its expected life span and may have limited remaining life (also goes in summary)

Yes, it does start to look like a rainbow, but IMO makes more sense than:

Heating System
Black text that describes the system
Black text that describes the location of the heater
Black text that indicates that the system was functioning properly during the inspection
Black text that describes the method of air intake
Black text that describes the exhaust
Black text that indicates the model and serial number of the heater
Black text that indicates the year of manufacture and typical life expectancy of the heater
Red text that describes a major defect with the location of the system (confined space, etc) (also goes in summary)
Red text that describes a major defect with the exhaust (also goes in summary)
Red text that indicates that the heater is past its expected life span and may have limited remaining life (also goes in summary)

This seems to jump back and forth between subjects. I talk about type, location, functionality, air intake, exhaust, model/serial, age, location again, exhaust again, and age again.

I was hoping there was an easy-ish way of doing this. I know I could make additional sub-headings for type, location, air intake, exhaust, age, etc. But that's a lot of switching between tabs and also black/red are not the only colors I use.

Just curious if 6 years 8 months ago #63818

This is how I do it....................
Observations listed in "GREEN" indicate general information and/or recommendation.
Observations listed in "BLUE" indicate deficiencies and/or items needing attention.
Observations listed in "RED" indicate items needing immediate attention .
All text highlighted in "ORANGE" will show the definition if you place your cursor over it.

See attachment for an example...
Attachments:

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: by Roy Lewis.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.