• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just curious if

Just curious if 6 years 8 months ago #63819

Roy Lewis wrote: This is how I do it....................
Observations listed in "GREEN" indicate general information and/or recommendation.
Observations listed in "BLUE" indicate deficiencies and/or items needing attention.
Observations listed in "RED" indicate items needing immediate attention .
All text highlighted in "ORANGE" will show the definition if you place your cursor over it.

See attachment for an example...

Roy I am already doing this. My question was how to get the red comments to appear both in the summary and in the top or middle of each section (as opposed to stuck at the bottom). Please read the entire conversation if you don't understand.

As it stands I see two ways to get red text:
1) Highlight and click "Red>>>". This puts red text at the bottom of the section and in the summary. This text cannot be moved up within its section.

2) Use the advanced color menu. This puts text of any color wherever you want it within any section, but does not put it in the summary.

I am looking for text that can both be re-ordered within its section AND also in the summary, if possible.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Just curious if 6 years 8 months ago #63820

Unfortunately there's no way to do that right now. With the current setup of HIP there's no way to accomplish that. We do add suggestions into our todo list but we prioritize them based on the number of others that request a feature. This is the first time in 15 years we've had someone ask for this though I'm still not exactly sure of the reasoning behind it (it might help if I understood the 'why' behind it more). If others are interested, definitely pipe up on this thread.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Just curious if 6 years 8 months ago #63821

Ok I figured it couldn't hurt to ask! I thought maybe there was a formatting trick in the comment itself I could use like the ||1|| for colors.

Just curious if 6 years 6 months ago #63948

Hi, I'm a new user but I was wondering the same thing - is there a way to get the red "high priority" items that appear in the summary to be printed at the top of each section in the main body of the report?

There are a couple reasons. First of all, to me, it kind of makes sense to put those items at the top, since they are the more important items. Secondly, I have a sort of boilerplate statement of "recommend these items be evaluated and repaired as needed by a qualified licensed blah blah blah..." which I'm told is important to plaster all over the report here in NJ. I would like that statement to appear *after* the observations in each section, but I don't need to have it repeated over and over again in the summary.

Does that make sense?

Just curious if 6 years 6 months ago #63951

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. You want to repeat the summary items within each section?

Normally those comments are specific to the trade which you could add once at the end of each item (instead of each section)

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Just curious if 6 years 6 months ago #63953

The items in each section that are turned red, indicating high priority, always appear at the bottom of the section, below the black lower priority items. I'm wondering if there is a way to make that the other way around.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.