• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 1 month ago #57595

This issue appears to happens anytime the mobile report fails to upload, normally happens when the cellular data connection is weak.

Hopefully a fix is coming.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title: pre purchase building surveys
Url: www.propertyhealthcheck.ie
Body: Our thorough Pre-Purchase Building Survey will mean that YOU won?t get stuck buying a Money Pit. We offer Premium Pre-Purchase Building Surveys that assist our clients in making informed decisions before buying their...

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 1 month ago #57602

The best fix is to upload via wifi only. We've been trying to catch the bad cell connections and have greatly reduced the frequency of this by forcing people to upload again. Unfortunately we can't fix bad cell connections and Android gives us limited tools to detect them.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 1 month ago #57616

I use a wireless modern on site and connect my Note 3 to this.
About c, 30% of my report uploads fail, likely due to a iffy data connections.

The bug (that I am finding) with the software is that if a report fails to upload my android tablet completely locks out and I have to restart it to get it working again. Then I have to open up HIP within the ES File Explorer App delete the ZIP file and start the process again. Unfortunately I am getting good at doing this as it is a regular occurrence with my data connections.

This take roughly c,5 mins for every poor connection. I don't expect HIP to be able to remedy poor data connections, but is a fix in the offering to prevent the tablet from freezing and having to delete ZIP files in the event of a poor Data connection.

Body: Our thorough Pre-Purchase Building Survey will mean that YOU won?t get stuck buying a Money Pit. We offer Premium Pre-Purchase Building Surveys that assist our clients in making informed decisions before buying their...

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 1 month ago #57619

Peter, any reason you don't just wait until you get home on a better connection to do the upload?

We are trying to find more ways around bad connections. For some reason iPhone's handle the weaker connections better but I still can't figure out why that is!

Dominic Maricic

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 1 month ago #57621

The reason I use mobile is to help finish the report on site. I normally try to download the report to my laptop in the car and finish the report on site if time allows.

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 1 month ago #57627

Ah okay. What type of cell connection do you have?

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.