• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 1 month ago #57629

I use a wireless modum from one network and can tether to my tablet using my mobile phone from a second network. Depending on what connection is best.
Unfortunately all properties not not located in an area with good 3g / 4g connections.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title: pre purchase building surveys
Url: www.propertyhealthcheck.ie
Body: Our thorough Pre-Purchase Building Survey will mean that YOU won?t get stuck buying a Money Pit. We offer Premium Pre-Purchase Building Surveys that assist our clients in making informed decisions before buying their...

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 5 days ago #57859

Dominic
This continues to be a fragile operation.
I always wait and do this at my desk, 2 feet from my router.
Even when my phablet says it is connected.....I refresh the wireless before the upload attempt.
Today I got all the way to 100% upload and then it locked up....never quite got to the "upload successful" screen.
I have come to be way too proficient at ES file explorer.  And the upload process is way too stressful....5 minutes of "what will go wrong this time?"
AND all the while my phone is connected to my PC with a USB cable.  It is a shame I can't use it.

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 3 days ago #57870

Hi Neal,

You'd have to complain to the manufacturers about not using the USB cable, that's not a HIP issue.

There's no reason you should be locking up on wifi. That's not something we've seen happening on a regular occurrence with people. Do you happen to have a friend with wifi or a starbucks or something you can try at? It's possible your modem has an issue dropped packets which could cause an issue. I'd like to eliminate that possibility first.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 22 hours ago #57898

Hi Dominic
This evening I tried to open a file via usb.  Although my computer recognizes my connected devise....no luck.  If I attempt to browse for files anywhere other than HIP / Client data it kicks me out. 

My modem works fine MOST of the time with the HIP upload but froze at 100% again tonight. After deleting the zipped file, everything went fine on "take 2".
My modem is perhaps the newest and most robust part of my network.  On occasions we have been streaming video to 3 and 4 devices simultaneously. 

Anyway,....I am no longer freaked by a locked program and am comfortable with the fix.  Perhaps my next phone(looking at a Note 3)will perform better.

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 22 hours ago #57899

The mobile format is not the same as the desktop. The servers on Amazons cloud convert them from the mobile format to the desktop so it can be opened.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: HIP Mobile locking up during the zipping of files and not uploading to the cloud 10 years 22 hours ago #57901

Check. ???... :o.....Go to bed!!  ;D

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.