• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Expand rating box?

Expand rating box? 15 years 1 month ago #10903

Is it possible to expand the box for ratings?

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Doug Cossar CMI, Canadian National Certificate Holder
Accurate Home Inspection Services Inc.
www.accuratehomeinspections.ca
Conducting general Home inspections in Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax,Whitby,Oshawa Clarington, Bowmanville, Newcastle, Port Perry
Key words:...

Re: Expand rating box? 14 years 10 months ago #15387

I'll vote for that - if what you mean is that you would like longer and/or more rating descriptions.  It would seem like multiple/longer words could appear on more than one line per check box.

Title : Emerald City Inspections, LLC- Dublin, GA
URL : www.dublinhomeinspections.com
Desc: Emerald City Inspections, LLC performs guaranteed "peace of mind" property inspections in Dublin and Laurens County, Georgia.  Call today - your home inspector for life !
Meta Keys : Certified...

Re: Expand rating box? 14 years 10 months ago #15393

Hmm, not sure how I missed not responding to this originally.

If you add a space in between words the program will create multiple lines for a rating name. The problem with expanding the rating boxes more is that it reduces the amount of space for the rest of the comments.

Also, would you want the actual boxes larger, or just the space for the narratives above?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Expand rating box? 14 years 10 months ago #15402

I think the confusion lies in the fact that the boxes are arranged vertically in HIP but come out horizontally in the PDF.  Personally I don't care about the size of the box itself, it can be very small as far as I am concerned - just as long as I can check it.  Perhaps the PDF arrangement could be vertical as well, thus allowing the descriptive words to be a bit longer without using up horizontal space.  I'll bet most of the time there would be plenty of room (either due to long/multiple comments or single photos) to do that without making the report any longer.

Title : Emerald City Inspections, LLC- Dublin, GA
URL : www.dublinhomeinspections.com
Desc: Emerald City Inspections, LLC performs guaranteed "peace of mind" property inspections in Dublin and Laurens County, Georgia.  Call today - your home inspector for life !
Meta Keys : Certified...

Re: Expand rating box? 14 years 10 months ago #15406

That could be made an option. Looking over a few reports, that would definitely add a few pages to most reports if you had 5 comments. I'm not worried about the size of the checkbox within HIP as there's plenty of room there. It's in the report that you'd end up with less space. Vertical boxes like you said would reduce that, I'll have to play with it to see what it looks like.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Expand rating box? 12 years 8 months ago #43566

• Richard Overton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I would like to use longer words there all so, Functional, non-functional, safety issue, needs attention (good for things like filters, faucet drips, peeping smokies)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.