• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A picture says a thousand words.

A picture says a thousand words. 11 years 8 months ago #49848

Hi folks,

I've asked Domonic to add the following features in the Edit Your List section. Make's sense?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: A picture says a thousand words. 11 years 8 months ago #49860

Wow, why the heck are your list comments so long? They should just be a couple of words!! How are you using the lists feature?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: A picture says a thousand words. 11 years 8 months ago #49864

Hi Dominic,

Well, I want as much detail in my inspection reports for my clients as possible, and I want to be efficient and not have too type a single word. Besides, I want to take advantage of your great and expensive software and use it to its maximum potential too. ;)

I decided to implement the OAHI SOP and followed the SOP almost to the letter.

Starts with the menu;

SOP Inspector shall inspect;

Methods used;

Limitations;

Materials/Types;

Legend;

In the observation section I have a location section with all possible locations in and around the home, a structural system observation notes section that has a complete list of possible observations relating to the structure, and obervation window that specifies every single possible stuctural problem that may exist. ? I can easily add more observation tabs for one or more stuctural problems as well, and I have three as default;

A detailed list of causes;

A detailed list of implications;

Recommendations list;

SOP Inspector shall not inspect;

The final product with just one structural problem or observation;

http://firststophomeinspections.com/downloads/inspector-pro-forum/sample.pdf

Last Edit: by Michel Thellend.

Re: A picture says a thousand words. 11 years 8 months ago #49865

Just as an aside;

I put the PDF together as a sample and I didn't talk about the parging et cetera. :)

Here's a sample of Exterior Implications I have, this is one heck of a list and I'm not finished yet.

Text associated with implications;

Re: A picture says a thousand words. 11 years 8 months ago #49866

Dear Dominic,

I thought of one more thing that can be added to the Edit YOur List section.

I accidently deleted one of my Exterior lists yesterday and you can imagine how I felt after that.

A simple UNDO BUTTON on both sides ????

Here's the added undo to the rough draft;  ;D

Cheers!

Re: A picture says a thousand words. 11 years 8 months ago #49867

I think you're overdoing your lists. The more lists you have, the slower you will be at inputting your inspections. There's a balance between no lists and too many. For items like locations it is MUCH better just to have them all as separate narratives within the selection panels. It only takes one mouse click to select a narrative in your selection panel with no lists. If you have 1 lists in the selection panel it now takes you 5 clicks. Multiply this times 100 narratives (just an estimate) and you are now making 500 clicks instead of only 100 and greatly increasing your inspection time.

Lists were meant to insert items like locations or a type of defect into a narrative that has multiple possibilities. Turning 10 narratives into one in sections with lots of narratives. You actually want to keep them at a minimum. The goal is to use lists to make it easier to find the narratives you want.

You're definitely being creative and your method might work great work great for you! I'm just making a few observations based on watching many inspectors use the feature and comments and discussions with guys over the years.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.