• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Released

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38641

No problem Mike, you have helped me out more times than I can remember.

DOM

Design Change: Client info on contract always starts in the same place rather than adjusting depending on the content in the top right of the contract. This helps keep the look more consistent.

I still have the gap at the top of the contract page and I still need to adjust as part of page 2 is on page 1, seems the same as the past version.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38642

OK been playing with it.
I agree that the selection drop down is a nice option and here is why.
You could always create a alternative template now with all material items in one section and not have to read through a giant list to select.

My thoughts on the new photo thumbs are what I thought they would be.

1) Opening a separate PDF allows control of picture size and this does not.
2) Right side seems very unnatural and feels like reading in Japanese going right to left which is unnatural.
3) Was hoping this might somehow allow ability to use comments as captions automatically to actually save time.
4) Hope next version just gives us a fast way to add picture captions to increase speed of report

Sad ,because I use lots of pictures in my reports and was really looking forward to anything to speed up the longest part of my report process.

I will not be using this new picture feature but the dropdowns ability for selections is a nice addition to already great software.

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38643

Bob

Talk to me on exactly what the caption feature does when you select the box. This has been an option for a long time and I have never understood the caption feature.

I guess we need to learn Japanese :)

I here you on the pics!!

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...
Last Edit: by David Macy.

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38644

I like it.

The pic feature reduces some of the back and forth between photos and comments.

I load my pics first and now all I have to do is assign a section to each photo and them go to comments one time and back one more time to select the comments for the photo instead of constant back and forth. :-)

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38645

I never use the photo caption feature because it would mean going back and viewing every single picture that has a red or black comment to repeat the exact same comments under the pictures.

OK to explain next time you go in to the program select a red or blue issue comment then go back to pictures and click on the right side caption drop down where you have a picture selected for that same section.You will see a dropdown created with the exact same comments in the text part of the report appear in your drop down that can be selected to repeat as a caption.

Personally i would love to see a third dropdown next to the other two selection dropdowns that allow us to create a list since repeating a comment under each picture that mimics our issue comments seems redundant.

Something where we could add short simple location captions like East bedroom,west side of roof,north exterior wall,etc,if you follow me.It could be added to the same way we do the cool dropdowns in the text comments but separate.

Just my personal opinion however and I may be the only one.

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38646

I like it.

The pic feature reduces some of the back and forth between photos and comments.

I load my pics first and now all I have to do is assign a section to each photo and them go to comments one time and back one more time to select the comments for the photo instead of constant back and forth. :-)

Mike, haven't you been generating a PDF with pictures to do that?
Explain to me how this is better than that.

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.