• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Released

Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Released 13 years 3 months ago #38623

Hi Guys,

2.9 Beta for windows has been released. I have quite a few other features that have been added to but I have disabled them as I need to test them out more. Rather than make you guys wait longer I've packaged up this release with some of the major updates so you can start testing them out. The two new features are huge. Photo slideshows within each area of the program (appear after batch adding & assigning) and SelectionPanel Lists. Check them out!!

Windows: www.homeinspectorpro.com/dmdocuments/Hom...orPro-2_9-Update.exe
Mac: www.homeinspectorpro.com/dmdocuments/HomeInspectorPro-2_9.dmg

New Feature: Photo Slide Show appears to the right of damage/observation panels. After batch adding and slotting your photos you can then go through your report with the photos right showing right next to the comments. You have 3 options you can use here (selectable under Report Settings->Options->Photo Editing). The first option is to turn them off (will look like previous versions of Home Inspector Pro). The next option displays the slide show to the right of the Red/Black observations allowing you to see everything at once. The third option is useful for smaller screens and allows you to flip between Red/Black observations and photos with the click of a button. More flexibility will be added to this area as time goes on!

New Feature: Drop Down Lists now work with Selection Panels. Comments are displayed in the program in the format <<ListName::Selected Comment>>. The "Selected Comment" is what will appear on the report. Then just highlight the comment like normal. When you double click an item you'll see the drop downs. Let me know if you like how this works. It's slightly different than how the damage panel Lists work since there's no red/black sections. It might need a little tweaking based on your input.

Design Change: Client info on contract always starts in the same place rather than adjusting depending on the content in the top right of the contract. This helps keep the look more consistent.

Design Change: Clicking on the X when you select "Clear All Photos" now won't do anything. Previously it would clear the photos like you had clicked "Yes." This was causing people to lose photos and not realize it as they though they'd canceled.

Design Change: On Report Settings->Options->Item Options the selection and damage panel separators will now reflect your default when reopening the program.

Design Change: Disallowed entering in blank comments in a List.

Bug Fix: Removed double comma on the cover page for non US countries.

Bug Fix: Removed extra comma between state & zip code in the US.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
Last Edit: by Dominic Maricic.

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38624

• Russell S. Spriggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Russ &amp; Jeanne, Coeur d&#039;Alene Home Inspectors
  • Thank you received: 0
Sheesh, you just never quit, Dominic-
Thanks!

Russ Spriggs, Certified Master Inspector
NACHI Idaho Chapter President
EMAILS ONLY- No PM's, please!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Link #1:
Spokane and Coeur d'Alene Mold Testing
www.cdaInspector.com
Mold testing and inspections in Spokane, Coeur d'Alene, Sandpoint, Post Falls and...

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38625

Hey Russ! Got lots to do! I wanted to get this update out now so I can finish up the new website for AII I'm working on. Then it's back to HIP 3.0!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38627

Thanks Dom

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38629

Selection drop downs are awesome!!

What is the benefit of the slide show. I turned it off as it makes the damage text column smaller. I edit all my pictures when I batch upload.

So explain how I can utilize the slide show to finish my reports quicker.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...
Last Edit: by David Macy.

Re: Home Inspector Pro 2.9 Beta Released 13 years 3 months ago #38634

Ditto about the Selection Drop Down option. This is a excellent improvement! As, selection panels are normally used for ‘laundry lists’ of materials, styles, configurations etc.

I do not agree here with Dave, on the benefit of the photo slide show. It’s an excellent upgrade -- to be able to view the photo of what you are commenting on without referring to the entire batch gallery.

Having said that—

Dominic, what you need to do is give us the ability to “click” on and select the photo, in the slide show, that will take us to the photo editing screen, so that we may edit the photo, as needed. As it is now we still have to go back and FIND the photo by searching though all the TABs.  I know we batch add all the pictures and do some editing as we do it—but, in my opinion, there will always be some photos needing more editing—as we see what the final printed report looks like. For me—this would be a huge saving in time!

Serge Delhoyo
NOVA home inspection LLC
www.novahomeinspection.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.