• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report

Embedding a "tickler file" in a report 13 years 11 months ago #31862

This may be way over the top, but if there was a simple way to do this (everything is simple for Dom) I think it would be a cool program addition-- maybe not high on the list, but food for future thought.  Since I electronically post my reports to my client's email address, is there a way to embed a "tickler file" in my report which will keep track of time/date and automatically notify my client (via their email) of any reminders I put in my original report?  It might be something as simple as reminding them of periodic maintenance items (smoke detector batteries, furnace filters, etc.) specific to their home, or maybe some larger issues which they said they would address (and probably haven't), like "In your inspection report we noted that the water heater was at or near the end of its service life-A year has passed and we hope you have not experienced any problems.  It might be a good time to check to make sure leaks have not developed and also to begin checking for local bargains on replacement heaters", etc., etc.).  If I could have some standard comments like this along with a reminder time variable (3 months, 12 months, etc.), in my template that I could select,  I could add it in the initial report and then forget about it--my report keeps working for me long after I'm on to other customers. 

DrBob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report 13 years 11 months ago #31868

I would do that with a separate program ,just because you could them add marketing items,which would be a bigger advantage for me,rather than a simple reminder.
There are lots of good programs out there for that.

Re: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report 13 years 11 months ago #31870

We've talked about expanding our upload service to include items like that and it is a good idea. Right now you can use ISN at inspectionsupport.net or setup an account with iContact and create a 'campaign' which will auto email clients at certain intervals (which is Bob's suggestion).

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report 13 years 11 months ago #31877

I guess my thought was for "One Stop Shopping"  -- In my opinion, the best time for me to do all of my information transfer to my specific customers is when I am writing their report.  If I have to create a report, then additional stuff on other websites, I probably won't do it.  Reports occupy a lot of time already, and I guess I'm not inclined to add value-added services if I have to access other web stuff to provide the detail--I don't think my customers will take the time to access that either.  My utopian vision for InspectorPro is that I don't have to go anywhere else - Ultimately anything that provides a service to my customer should be available and accessible from what us locals decide to create and access within our InspectorPro program. What a concept--be the inspectorpedia.com resource in addition to the ultimate inspection reporting software.  If we are not the knowledge-brokers in the real estate industry, who is?

DrBob

Re: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report 13 years 11 months ago #31888

I agree, and we're definitely on that path ;) Would you want the tips to vary depending on what's in your report, or just have common emails that go out at certain times?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report 13 years 11 months ago #31908

• James Levy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NJ#24GI00101400, FL # HI7765
  • Thank you received: 0
The autoresponder with the ISN would do just that. I use Icontact and it is great for mass emails, but really stinks for small campaigns. (1 or 2 people)

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC
Home and commercial Inspections in Medford, Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Marlton NJ, and the surrounding areas.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.