• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report

Re: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report 13 years 11 months ago #31911

Dom-
It would be nice to customize it for each report, especially considering the time variable and the inevitable differences you find in every inspection-Personally I'm not a big fan of generic mailings-When I get one it usually feels more like bulk advertising than help, regardless of content, especially if I did'nt ask for it, and after a while you get reluctant to add your email address to anything for fear of the robot mailings you're going to get.  Personalizing it I just think would be a huge wow factor for a customer-what might go through their minds is "How in the world did he remember that?", or "He really meant it when he said he was there for us long after the inspection".  And - they would be individually timed to deal with the issues you found during the inspection in the order in which you recommended they be fixed.

I would be nice to make this a hidden file in the report-no need for your customer to see your cards before you play them. It would also be nice to let the customer have the ability to turn the reminder file off at their option (they moved, they already fixed all the stuff in your report-Hah!).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report 13 years 11 months ago #31938

Are you talking about fixing actual issues in the home, or yearly maintenance tips like replacing an air filter or cleaning out the gutters?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report 13 years 11 months ago #31960

I think both, but fixing actual issues in the home specific to the report would be far more beneficial.  (Generically telling one of my clients to  check their overhead door hardware as part of annual maintenance when they only have a carport, for example, loses some of the feel for a personal communication in my opinion). 

I guess I am looking for a novel and  impactful way to get clients to really take notice and maybe increase the likelihood that they may actually do something about the specific things that need attention in their home as a result of my inspection.  I think it would be great if my report continued to be a living document for my clients.  In the majority of cases, after my prospective buyers and their realtor have quickly read the red-highlited SUMMARY stuff in my report and beat up the seller on price concessions for those issues, I think chances are pretty good that they never look at the report again after they have moved in. I can remind them with followup e-mails to review their report, but that's a lot like your mom telling you that you should eat your vegetables while you're away at college and make sure you get plenty of rest. It probably isn't going to happen.  Most simply aren't going to take the time to dig through my most excellent report to figure out what needs to be done and why.

Re: Embedding a "tickler file" in a report 13 years 11 months ago #31982

• James Levy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NJ#24GI00101400, FL # HI7765
  • Thank you received: 0
I don't know.... A HI report as a living document sounds dangerous. I know I spend way too much time writing past tense, "at the time of inspection" narratives.

I just wouldn't want to get caught up in some kind of a warranty situation.

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC
Home and commercial Inspections in Medford, Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Marlton NJ, and the surrounding areas.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.