• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time To Re-vamp My Web Page

Time To Re-vamp My Web Page 15 years 11 months ago #1171

Dominic, I have been making web pages for some time now and actually have a quite extensive web page at the moment.  I have been in the process of re-vamping my web page and have decided that my web is way too extensive.  I happened to be looking at your themes and what is on those pages and agree that it is the direction that I want to go.  I do not want my web to look very close to another persons that may have selected the same theme, so I am looking for full control over the look and contents (posted this in the themes section).  I use photo shop and dream weaver and anything else to manipulate the look I want.  So, here are a few questions:

If one chooses to host a theme of yours on your servers for $20.00 per month, what would be the cost of the upload service?  Is it included; 5.00 more or another 20.00?

Does your hosting service offer wholly owned domain name email services?  EG.  my web address is www.bobbuilderhi.com .  Do you offer email such as This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.?  Do you offer redirect services?  I am re-directing www.bob-builder.com to bobbuilderhi.com.  Also, are you hosting domain names?

I am currently using hostmonster.com for my hosting and it is very reasonable in price, but I am looking to feed your wallet and possibly getting rid of hosting of my site with them, but I still may need their email services and their redirects, etc.  I also host a separate radon website with them as well.  I guess what I am asking is how extensive are you going to go with your hosting service?  Do I need to pay you for a template/theme and host it with my current hosting service because of the extensivity of my services that I use?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Time To Re-vamp My Web Page 15 years 11 months ago #1174

Hi Robert,

You can replace the images within the themes, add as many pages as you want, create forms, photo albums, slides shows, and a lot more. You wouldn't be able to use dreamweaver directly. If you wanted to create content for a page in dreamweaver you could, and then copy the source code directly into a page. But the site also has a built in editor you can use.

We can definitely redirect one domain to another, but that is usually best to do from whomever you registered your domain through, like GoDaddy.com, Yahoo.com, etc. There's really no reason to set your registrar to point a domain to us and then have it forwarded on to another domain. We aren't a registrar. I've considered signing up as a reseller for GoDaddy.com or something, but not sure if we'll go that route yet. You can buy the names through them and then just point the name servers to us. A redirect from you registrar should be free.

Your email services would go through via our Google hosted email service. So you'd get 6 (almost 7 now) gigs of email, online docs, calendar, etc. What we do is set you up with an @HomeInspectorPro.com email account just to log into the system and then forward This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to it. In your settings you add that account so that way when you send, receive email it comes directly from your bobbuilderhi.com account. We were initially going to host email on our servers, but it makes more sense in the long run to have your email hosted so that it's on multi-clustered server setup with 6 times the storage (we would only do 1 gig directly).

Your site has 1 gig of space. You can upload reports to it and manually send out links to the reports as part of the $20 a month. To use the reports upload service and the web hosting service as of right now is going to be $40 a month. We are considering making it $35 for the two and will decide for sure before the 3 month free trials start to end. We have to finish working out the costs first, and we're using our beta testers right now to see how much storage they are using. The cost of storing reports for 5 years is going to be too high to give much of a discount on that. We figure the average inspector is doing 200-300 inspections a year, some more, some less. Over 5 years your looking at close to 1,000 reports hosted on the server which takes up quite a bit of space depending on each report size. We have to have multiple servers to backup everything to as well so it becomes expensive.

Features will continually be added to the web hosting sites, for no additional fee. We're about to add in credit card processing (no fee from us, the bank of course gets one), we've already finished a way to add photos and mls information on homes you did pre-inspections for and a lot more is coming.

You will also get 3 months of the website hosting for free when signing up (so save $60) and you'll get 2 months free if you pay for a year in advance. I'm working on the detailed info and sign up pages to add to the website today. Considering the other inspection related web hosts have startup fees from $75 to $795 we think we're staying very competitive.

Hopefully I answered all your questions!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.