• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adding and Editing photo galleries

Adding and Editing photo galleries 15 years 11 months ago #1133

Hi Dominic, I started to add galleries and pictures, and was looking to create a catch all file, and from that begin a page that would have Roofing, Foundations, etc. and add the appropriate pictures to them. I had created the files for Roofing and Foundations and added several pictures to each. When I went to view them only the roofing file came up. I nested foundations under roofing, and that worked, but I didn't like that ( I wanted all the sub files to be available independently ) so I created another file which was to be the catch all ( root ), to nest all of the others that I was going to create. That didn't work. When I went to delete the catch all file " only " I accidently deleted all of my subfiles and pictures.                                                                                                                                                      How come under Inspection Photo Gallery I couldn't get the subfiles Roofing, Foundations, etc to show up?
Sincerely Gerald Wilcox
House Check Home Inspections
www.homeinspectorinnorthdakota.com
www.housecheckhomeinspections.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Gerald Wilcox.

Adding and editing photo galleries 15 years 11 months ago #1136

Hi Gerald,

First, if you click on Content in the menu you will see all your photos are still there, they just don't have a category set since you deleted it. You can edit them and set their category.

The Inspection Photo Gallery link in your menu was not actually a link to the root, it was a link to a specific gallery called Home Inspection Photos, which you deleted. That's why you never saw it. If you create a link to the root or separately to each Gallery, then you'd be fine.
In fact you will need to edit your Inspection Photo Gallery link now to point to an actual gallery as the numbers will have changed.

The root is: yourdomain.com/image/tid  and you can change the name your viewers see under alias.
To go directly to a photo gallery click on Image Galleries and click on a gallery and it will take you to one such as yourdomain.com/image/tid/7 ,the number corresponds to the specfiic gallery. Does that make sense?

I'm going to split this post off into it's own thread as it will be helpful for others to see.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Adding and Editing photo galleries 15 years 11 months ago #1162

Hi Dominic, I am confused now. I have pictures I can get to, but now do not know how to create the file and sub files for these pics. Ideally if I go to Inspection Photo Gallery, I would then like to see the individual sub files containing the relevant pics for that subject. Then I would open say the Roofing defects file and the roofing thumbnails able to be viewed.             
I don't know what I deleted, or how to link to the root, to get back to where I was originally or to proceed further.
Thanks for your help
Gerald Wilcox
House Check Home Inspections
www.homeinspectorinnorthdakota.com
www.housecheckhomeinspections.com

Re: Adding and Editing photo galleries 15 years 11 months ago #1163

Hi Gerald,

When you get a second, click on Live Support in the top right corner of the website and I'll show you live. I'm going take off and grab a bite to eat and I'll be back in about 20 minutes. I've been on the phone for the last few hours helping out some now Home Inspector Pro users and am late to dinner :D

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.