• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Access to homes

Access to homes 15 years 4 months ago #4823

I Had a supra key through my local real estate board but no one seemed to be able to give me the cvr or s code and if I was out in Prince William or surrounding areas they would not give me the code because I did not belong to their assoc. How do you gain access if the agent does not want to show up. Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Access to homes 15 years 4 months ago #4852

If you are doing an inspection for a Realtors client, it would be in their best interset to show up and let you in.  I would charge them for your time and gas and maybe she will think twice about not showing up!

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: Access to homes 15 years 4 months ago #4904

Not just time and gas. Add something into your contract that allows for a $100 fee for incidents like this, including cancellations withing 24 or 48 hours.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Access to homes 15 years 4 months ago #4916

Hmmm!!!!  Not a bad idea!  This is something I worry about every time I go long distance.  Cuz lets face it, I gota do every job I can right now!  lol

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: Access to homes 15 years 4 months ago #4968

I don't have and I don't want a Supra key.  They make it very difficult for home inspectors to have one.  We are ancillary, not part of the contract.  The appraisers and termite people, who are part of the contract, don't have problems, but they really make it hard for us.  I make it known to the realtor and/or client that I don't have "the magic key" and someone needs to let us all in for an inspection.

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.