• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: what is right ?

what is right ? 15 years 5 months ago #4348

I did inspection yesterday and I had mention that there was a part missen from the furance. I did not have a chance to check mine books a home when I recieved a phone call from the furance guy saying there was nothing wrong. I guess now I need to pay for the guy to come in and check the furance that was ok. I learn a lesson that day about mine agent. Am I going in the right direction. Or should I have keep quiet. Mine report was not even finished by the time I recived the phone call.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: what is right ? 15 years 5 months ago #4357

Hi Don - I usually have what books I can have in the truck with me.  But, nevertheless - if I don't know exactly what is or is not present mechanically I would not have put it on the report.  You may have set yourself up.  Also, you weren't there -- the furnace guy may have simply replaced the missing part (did he install the system?) to cover himself and blame it on you.  Who knows?  Did you identify the missing part exactly?  Or just suggest that there may be something missing?

Years ago, in Northern Virginia, perhaps everywhere, they began requiring back-flow prevention on boiler water lines leading from the main feed for the rest of the house.  That was radiator water could not get back into the drinking, washing water.  Once I learned about it and saw the various styles of prevention, I knew what to look for and knew when it was missing.  But even then I only began recommending it to the buyer, and suggested that it could be dangerous not to have one.  While a very good idea, and a hygiene thing, it was not required unless work was done on the boiler. 

What I see in your picture looks complete.  I don't like the way the wires are wrapped.  What did you think was missing?

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: what is right ? 15 years 5 months ago #4367

Jay,

I think your missing part of Don's question. He verbally mentioned he thought something was missing. but before he had time to finish the report at home and look it up a furnace guy had already beed called in.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: what is right ? 15 years 5 months ago #4369

You're right, I did not catch that.  Why did the furnace guy come so quickly?  And why would Don be liable for his coming even before he had finished the report?

So, Don, what you think out loud, but have not yet put in writing I don't think you can be liable for.  Who called the HVAC guy so quickly?!

Looks like you got a bum rap!  Let us know what happens!

www.jaymarinspect.com
Last Edit: by Jay Markanich.

Re: what is right ? 15 years 5 months ago #4404

Jay! I had thought that the air inlet had missed the elbow to go into the furance. This is when I first look at it so I had mention it to the agent that got me the job.There was no one else around. I had said it in this way and I said that I was going to check on it. She was the one who call the guy in. I recived the phone call from this guy that seem to be upset because there was no problem. I was able to calm him down which I just said I learn something today. I phone the agent  that call him in. We have worked together on about six homes. I told her that I would pay for the service call. I know this sounds crazy and maybe wrong but I was thinking that it would help me in the long run in the business with her. These mistakes on my part I know will not help me but like I said I learned a few things about a furance and agents that take to words. She had told me dont worry about this so time will tell. thanks for your input Jay.

You're right, I did not catch that.  Why did the furnace guy come so quickly?  And why would Don be liable for his coming even before he had finished the report?

So, Don, what you think out loud, but have not yet put in writing I don't think you can be liable for.  Who called the HVAC guy so quickly?!

Looks like you got a bum rap!  Let us know what happens!

Re: what is right ? 15 years 5 months ago #4406

Don - be sure to explain to the agent that you were thinking out loud and had yet to research and finalize your report.  I am sure you already said how sorry you were for the misunderstanding and that you will "happily" pay for the service call, but that in the future she needs to wait until you report on what you find.  I think you did great - but, wow, that agent seems like one who is a little forward and you might want to watch yourself around her!  Bummer you had to cover for the agent!

It was good that you could calm down the HVAC guy because you know he immediately talked to the agent...!

www.jaymarinspect.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.