• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Parkay? Or Butter?

Parkay? Or Butter? 13 years 5 months ago #36991

I believe this speaks for itself...SO...my question is:  should I recommend "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" or "Parkay" for a repair to this?!??!?  ;D ;D ;D  :D
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title: Root River Inspections
URL:  www.arochestermnhomeinspector.com
Body:  Root River Inspections serves Rochester, Winona, Red Wing, Austin, Albert Lea and surrounding Minnesota areas.
Meta Key:  Rochester home inspector, Winona home inspector, Red Wing home inspector, Albert...
Last Edit: by Casey Patten.

Re: Parkay? Or Butter? 13 years 5 months ago #36995

Pretty easy fix with a proper sized piece of sheet metal and screws.

Were there any rooms in the house missing a heat source? What did that run go to?

That is really a poor attempt at sealing the ducting. At least they could of used a pie plate.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Parkay? Or Butter? 13 years 5 months ago #36996

That picture doesn't show everything, sorry about that.  This one is better; the "fix" is on the return ductwork.  And, you can see to the right, they DID use sheet metal and screws to make another repair. 
Attachments:

Title: Root River Inspections
URL:  www.arochestermnhomeinspector.com
Body:  Root River Inspections serves Rochester, Winona, Red Wing, Austin, Albert Lea and surrounding Minnesota areas.
Meta Key:  Rochester home inspector, Winona home inspector, Red Wing home inspector, Albert...

Re: Parkay? Or Butter? 13 years 5 months ago #36997

No need to be sorry. Do you have a picture of the front of the furnace.

Something does not look right to me with the humidifier ducting.

I am just trying to learn and figure out what I am looking at.

What used to terminate were the plastic tub is at now?

That is an older humidifier, furnace that seems to have been modified to a higher efficiency unit.

Do you inspect the humidifier system? I note that I do not test, but they require maintenace and can be unhealty if not properly maintained. I would also note the humidifier as being an older component.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Parkay? Or Butter? 13 years 4 months ago #37019

I'd definitely advise them of how unhealthy butter is and advise a lower fat containing alternative.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Parkay? Or Butter? 13 years 4 months ago #37038

• Bill Warner
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • There's a fine line between comedy and humor...
  • Thank you received: 1

I'd definitely advise them of how unhealthy butter is and advise a lower fat containing alternative.

ditto!  ;D

Bill Warner
Dayton Infrared Thermal Inspection
DaytonThermalInspection.com
Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections Serving Dayton, Cincinnati, and Greenville Ohio
For a Link Exchange please This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. your info
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.