• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HIP camera on tablet

HIP camera on tablet 2 years 1 month ago #66953

Is the HIP camera just fuzzy in general or is it a issue with the tablet I'm using it on? Using a Tripltek 8 pro. When using the built-in HIP camera the photos are pretty bad, video the same. I can swap to one of the other two camera apps on the tablet and photos are great, I mean not professional camera quality but for android tablet, pretty darn good. But even then with it set to use device camera it still appears to take video using the built in HIP camera app, cause it's pretty terrible terrible no mater what I camera I have HIP set to use.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HIP camera on tablet 2 years 1 month ago #66955

Some devices give HIP more access to image stabilization than others but they should still be coming out good. Check your quality settings under the Settings tab for photos and try a 4 or 5 and see how it comes out for you.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

HIP camera on tablet 2 years 1 month ago #66957

here are pics all from the same tablet, using HIP built in camera, and one from each of the camera apps I have installed. Huge difference in quality. Actually I don't know where to find the actual photos in c:\program files\home inspector pro file structure so I took screenshots from viewing photo inside HIP on the desktop to show you what I'm seeing... this is with HIP camera utility at 5 and largest resolution HIP allows me, 2560x1920 4:3. Renamed the files to clarify which photo is from what app. This doesn't look unstabilized, it's just plain low res looking. Bad enough I wouldn't want a client to see it. The photo size from one of the apps on tablet is 4096x3072 12.6MP, maybe it's all due to the resolution it's being captured at, but HIP is using the larger size photo in the report and it looks way better so maybe question is why is largest photo allowed using HIP camera 2560x1920? added a screenshot of generated report showing pics side by side, first one was with HIP camera.
Attachments:

HIP camera on tablet 2 years 1 month ago #66958

HIP reduces the images for the actual report. That resolution is what appears when you click to view the full size image. If everything was saved as a 12MP photo most reports would be over 1GB which obviously won't send to clients well.

That definitely looks blurrier than it should. If you tap the screen when using HIP Camera does it focus better so you can take the photo? What device are you on?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

HIP camera on tablet 2 years 4 weeks ago #66959

Looks like that's the issue, for whatever reason, it's not autofocusing with the HIP camera, and it is with the others, your correct if I touch the screen it focuses fine and looks fine.

Device is a Tripletek 8" Pro, used mostly by drone pilots, I bought it with the intention of using with my drone and figuring with so many inspector software going to android that it would be good for that as well. It has fairly good specs so thought it'd be great for both uses... would of never suspected this autofocus issue, but that sure seems to be the issue. The brightness, battery size, 1 TB micro SD, really good armoring and waterproofing, and ability to slip in a sim and get data on it were why I was hoping to use this tablet. www.tripltek.com/tripltek8 .

thanks for figuring out that I could do to use the built in camera. Can't believe I didn't try that now that you suggested it.
Attachments:

HIP camera on tablet 2 years 3 weeks ago #66960

It's not "just You" Les. I get a number of blurred photos using the Apple iPad that I use. To me, it seems to be a slow focus issue in my case. if I see it's blurry count to 5 and it will refocus...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Les Brunson

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.