• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Informational Docs

Informational Docs 6 years 6 months ago #63962

We've created a room-by-room template and when we go to generate a report we "Select Sections with Comments, Ratings or Photos" to print what is applicable.

Within the template I have a menu item with an "Information" section under it and then I've assigned a document to print in that section that contains a bunch of general information that goes with every report. Is there a way to make that "section" always print without having to check the box every time we generate a report? Since there isn't a selection within that section it is not selected to be included in the report.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Informational Docs 6 years 6 months ago #63963

Hi Barry,

I'll have to think about this one! Some people will want it auto selected, some won't. That makes these situations hard. I see what you're saying though. It's an extra click each report.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Informational Docs 6 years 6 months ago #63969

Well come on Dom can't you make us ALLLLL happy!?!? LOL

I can't really imagine being on the receiving end of all these comments - but thanks for dealing with it!

I was thinking that within the template designer there could be some kind of "OVERRIDE" that forces a section to always be printed. Another idea I got was developing a way to create a shell (for a lack of a better term) that consists of the cover and intro and/or outro pages and then the body of the report or the "template" as we know it gets inserted inside of that shell. The nice thing about this is you could have a cover page, your intro doc/information, and then your summary, which I like to show before my detailed report. Then following the detailed report ancillary information one wanted to provide could be included. Contractor referrals, general information, tips and tricks, bla blah bla.

On another note, but since I've got your attention... I've seen, and I think I've asked or commented on, the desire for perhaps a two level summary, something that summarizes all pertinent comments beyond the generic; "XYZ was operational at the time of the inspection." I know that the intent of the summary is to outline critical or major concerns/deficiencies, but I too regularly receive requests for all comments/concerns that are anything beyond the generic "all is good" to be included in the summary. The bottom line is that the Agent...and/or the Client...doesn't want to sift through all of the other details of the report.

So...two thoughts...one is that it would be really nice to have a three stage selection rather than just black and red, maybe an orange or blue in there or something allowing someone to select (for example in the mobile app) narratives/comments once for black (no concern), twice for another color (minor concern or suggestion), or a third time for red (major concern).

The other thought or suggestion I guess is that people change their formatting. For me I don't often find a lot of MAJOR or CRITICAL concerns or deficiencies and even if I do lets say within a specific system such as a bunch of electrical concerns I stop pointing out each problem pretty early and defer to a comment that basically says the entire electrical system needs to be inspected by a licensed electrician. With this in mind inspectors could change the formatting in HIP and make the "Red" section print in another color that represents comments that are more general or moderate in nature...then...when something major comes up they could use the advance color option and identify that specific comment as RED.

Informational Docs 6 years 6 months ago #63976

Already exists. Check out the tutorial on Advanced Colors ;)

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Informational Docs 6 years 6 months ago #63978

Ya I know about the advanced colors, I just hadn't considered changing the definition of the summary to be more generalized and not necessarily a "RED SUMMARY" of major issues.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.