• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Synchronizing

Synchronizing 6 years 6 months ago #63961

I use HIP Desktop on a couple of different computers and as a single inspector firm it hasn't been too big of a deal to copy the HIP program directory from one PC to another to keep my contacts, docs, templates, report settings, etc. synchronized. I'm in the process of transitioning to a multi-inspector format and I'm in the process of hiring an additional inspector, like me he prefers to complete his reports on the desktop version of HIP, so I'm trying to figure out an easy way to keep multiple HIP installations synchronized as I add more inspectors so that the report formats, templates, docs, etc. are consistent.

Thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Synchronizing 6 years 6 months ago #63964

One of the best ways is HIP installed into Dropbox. Each inspector gets their own so items sync across all their machines automatically. Share their Dropbox folder with you so you can drag/drop templates to their machines from yours at any time.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Synchronizing 6 years 6 months ago #63970

Oh shoot - good idea, so the installation director is actually within the dropbox folder??? Never thought of that!

Synchronizing 6 years 6 months ago #63975

Yup, works perfectly

Dominic Maricic

Synchronizing 6 years 6 months ago #63981

I set this up and it does work, but it definitely slowed things down. People should be repaired for some delays utilizing this technique.

Synchronizing 6 years 6 months ago #64004

Things will only slow when it's doing the first sync of all your files. You shouldn't notice any difference after that.

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.