• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inspection report numbering

Inspection report numbering 6 years 8 months ago #63866

Hello,

Is there a way to add an Inspection number to each report? I found one way to do it- I used the Cover Page Designer and added text to the area below the header, on the far left. This worked pretty well but I'm wondering if there is a better way. Has anyone found a way that they think works better?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Inspection report numbering 6 years 8 months ago #63867

Why would you want an Inspection number?

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Inspection report numbering 6 years 8 months ago #63868

Mostly for tracking. An inspector I know uses them and I thought it might be a good idea. An inspection report number would be similar to an invoice number. It would make it easier for me to find reports... I am undecided if it is necessary with HIP because of the way it already organizes things but I thought I'd try it on for size.

Inspection report numbering 6 years 8 months ago #63869

I've seen a few people do it and they add it to the Other Info field under Client Information tab. Most guys that import from ISN also get the Order ID imported there which serves the same purpose.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Inspection report numbering 6 years 8 months ago #63873

Thanks Dominic, I tried it by adding it to the Other Info Field at first. That might actually be better than editing the cover page design every time.

Last Edit: by Mark Donovan.

Inspection report numbering 6 years 8 months ago #63874

I name the report file the property address.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.