• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Summary for non-critical concerns

Summary for non-critical concerns 6 years 9 months ago #63802

Hello,

I know how to include a report summary in my inspection report for all the critical concerns found during the inspection. Is there a way to also include the rest of the findings in a separate summary? I think it would be good for the concerned parties to have a complete list of all concerns summarized for easier reference without having to sift through all the pages of the report to find them. Inspection reports with a lot of photos can get quite long and it can be difficult for the clients to find individual points sometimes. It would be great if we could have a summary for the non critical concerns of the property similar to the summary of the critical concerns. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Summary for non-critical concerns 6 years 9 months ago #63804

Why don't you just make all critical concerns one color and non critical concerns a different color and put them in the same summary. Then they don't have to sift through 2 summaries.

Peak Inspection Services | Over 32 Years of Contractor Experience!
Residential Inspections | Commercial Inspections
Office: 908-750-6789 | www.peakinspectionservices.com

Summary for non-critical concerns 6 years 8 months ago #63805

That's a good idea, Steve. Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know, How can I include non critical concerns in the summary?

Summary for non-critical concerns 6 years 8 months ago #63806

You would need to use the Advanced Color feature to create multiple colored items and then everything would be marked for the summary. That kind of defeats the purpose of the summary though as you're now repeating the entire report twice. How long are you typical reports?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Donovan

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Summary for non-critical concerns 6 years 8 months ago #63807

Talking to real estate agents in my area, they want the 'Coles Notes' version of the report so they can easily copy and paste when needed. They don't want to spend too much time doing this. Depending on the condition of the property, my reports are between 15 to 60 pages. I'm a new inspector and I'm still figuring out how best to serve my clients and cover my a** at the same time. Thanks for the solution, Dominic. I'll give it a try and see if that is going to work for us.

Summary for non-critical concerns 6 years 8 months ago #63822

Unless you are in a State that only allows certain things in the summary, just put all defects there. Don't decide for the client what you think is important to them. Let them decide. A lot of inspectors don't put items they consider small in the summary. Well little $50 items can add up real quick. Give your client ALL the information and let them decide what is best for them. The agent.... meh. who cares. If they are making $4-$8- $10k on a sale they can bloody well do a little cut and paste for what, 5 minutes?

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.