• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile patform

Mobile patform 6 years 9 months ago #63794

Ok Ive been using HIP mobile for about 1000 inspections now. Love it. However, Im having a difficult time finding a great mobile phone platform to keep using it. My old S3 is starting to fail and the picture app isnt that great except it allows for voice command. Ive tried the Note 5 but the camera was unstable. I just tried the Google Pixel. Dont bother. The camera app sucks.
What are you guys using out there and how does the camera app do with it.

Thanks

Update: Spoke with Dan in support. He recommended the LG V20. Im ordering one tonight. Thanks Dan!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Todd Miller.

Mobile patform 6 years 9 months ago #63795

I love the Google Pixel XL. What issue did you have with the camera app?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Mobile patform 6 years 9 months ago #63798

Well as a device that runs HIP Im looking for first and foremost hands free picture taking. The Pixel was clunky and at least mine wasn't very good at telling it to shoot and it followed command. Second for a phone that is built around a camera I expected the zoom to be better than 4. We buy phones now and dont activate them. We only use them in airplane mode with HIP and supporting software installed. I guess basically we are looking for a great camera the runs the software and is WiFi capable. Our Note 3s have been doing the inspections for a couple years now. They are cheap to replace 50/60 bucks and you can add a large cap. battery for the days of 2 or 3 inspections. But, the camera lags, is only 4 power, and over time slows down. We tried note 5s but the camera became unstable in warmer weather, SW Florida here so warmer is our normal.

BTW tried pads of different types also. Great cameras but the size of the device made them difficult to hold on too and get into tight spaces so we have settled on phones as the size is easier and better to inspect with.

Last Edit: by Todd Miller.

Mobile patform 6 years 8 months ago #63830

Check out the Motorola Z Force 2

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.