• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hotkeys

Hotkeys 6 years 9 months ago #63790

Edit: Just realized this belongs in the New Feature Section. Mods feel free to move it there.

Let's face it. One of the main reasons reporting software is so great is the time is saves, but even with the help of amazing reporting software such as HIP, I (and many others) still spend 2+ hours on each report. I think implementing hotkeys would save us a lot of time with our reports. They would take some getting-used-to of course, but instead of moving my mouse across the screen to hit the Black>>> button for example, I could hit the > button instead (or any other pre-defined button). Considering how many times I have to do this per report, this would save at least a few minutes, probably several.

Even being able to re-map current hotkeys would be beneficial. Are you (the reader) aware that you can advance tabs by using CTRL+PgDown or CTRL+PgUp? This works in photo review mode also. But that combination requires two hands on most keyboards. CTRL+1/CTRL+2 is much more convenient and can be done with the left hand while the right hand operates the mouse. Boom. Just doubled your output right there.

How about a hotkey to hit the OK button instead of clicking?

There are probably lots of other opportunities where hotkeys would save some time. I know we're talking about small fragments of time but they add up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by john nolan.

Hotkeys 6 years 9 months ago #63797

We do have adding more hotkeys on the todo list.

The fact it's taking 2 hours though is no good! I recommend jumping on one of our training sessions so that you can see ways to speed yourself up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.