• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HIP Mobile - Android or IOS?

HIP Mobile - Android or IOS? 6 years 9 months ago #63783

Looking to switch software soon. Seriously considering HIP. A couple of questions.

Trying to decide if I should use an Android or IOS mobile device during inspections to gather data, etc..

1. Which mobile app seems to be more mature? (Android or IOS) Does one seem to get updated more frequently?
2. Is there a ver 5 of the mobile app coming? If so, when?
3. Are there any licensing issues with using multiple mobile devices? Do I need more than one license to do that?
4. Are photos taken with the mobile device taken at full resolution, and are they easily accessible from the mobile device to archive?

I use a windows PC, but really don't have a preference for a mobile tablet for inspections. Whatever works best. I have both a nexus 9 tablet and an Ipad Air that I can use. Both are several years old, so will probably buy something new by the 1st of the year.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HIP Mobile - Android or IOS? 6 years 9 months ago #63787

Hi Brad,

The two apps are 99.9% identical. Android gets updated slightly more often only due to the face that Android lets us post new updates to users within minutes versus days.

HIP Mobile has free updates forever. The versioning really doesn't matter as much, it's just used for keeping track of any issues. We already have beta testers that are testing 5.0.12.

One license per inspector. You can put HIP on as many machines/devices as you personally use.

By default photos are saved in a reduced size format. There's an option under Settings in HIP Mobile to save photos as full sized images to the device. We recommend using this with Google Photos to automatically upload your files to Google Photos for storage and research.

iPad issues do tend to be a little easier to diagnose because there's only a few iOS devices for us to test on versus over 2500 Android devices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Zelk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.