• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Photo upload problem

Photo upload problem 6 years 10 months ago #63699

Good Evening,

I just upgraded to HIP 5 on Sunday. I did an inspection yesterday and today and both times I ran into a problem when I went to batch upload the photos from my SD card into HIP. Yesterday it started to load the photos very slowly, then just stopped completely after about 50 photos. I saved the report and rebooted. I reloaded the photos and it took a long time but it did work. And of course it reloaded all of the photos including the 50 it loaded the first time.

Today it stopped uploading with about 20 to go. I added them manually (not a fun thing to do) and was able to finish the report.

I have not changed any camera settings and I have the quality at medium where it has always been. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Toby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Toby Karlquist
The Inspector Home Inspections
Mesa, Arizona

Photo upload problem 6 years 10 months ago #63719

Hi Toby,

I do have one other person reporting this now but I can't replicate it. What type of machine do you have? How much ram does it have? How many photos are you trying to batch add?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Photo upload problem 6 years 9 months ago #63770

Hi Dominic,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I continue to have issues when I batch upload the photos. For reference, I have never had a problem batch loading the photos prior to upgrading to HIP 5. My camera settings are the same that they have always been. I will typically upload anywhere from 250 to 550 photos into my reports depending on the size of the home. Prior to HIP 5 the photos would load about 1 every second or so. With HIP 5 it is more like 1 to 2 seconds per photo.

I have done 7 inspections in the last 8 days and when I load the photos into the report the photos start to load and will stop anywhere from halfway to ¾ of the way through the photos. The progress screen will say something like “loading 175 of 290” and does not move. I have to click “cancel” and then I download the photos that have not uploaded into a new folder on the computer and then batch upload them into the report. Quite time consuming.

The other odd thing that occurs is that the photos will repeat. The first 5 or 6 tabs will contain photos in the order that I took them during the inspection. The on the 7th (give or take) tab the photos will start over with the first photos and re-load all of them. Then it will stop loading as described above. Could HIP be thinking it has loaded all of the photos?

I bought a new SD card for my camera thinking that was the issue but it made no difference. The last couple of reports I have transferred all of the photos from the SD card into a new folder on my external hard drive and then tried to batch upload the photos into the report with the same results.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 3542 running Windows 10 Home, V1703 OS Build 15063.483. The processor is a Core i5 4210u cpu @ 1.70GHZ with 8 GB RAM and a 64 bit OS.

Hopefully this info will help? I can tell you that this issue is a royal pain and adds quite a bit of time to the reports. At this point I would rather go back to HIP 4. Please let me know what other info I can provide you to help resolve this issue. Thank you for your time!

Toby

Toby Karlquist
Mesa, Arizona

Photo upload problem 6 years 9 months ago #63771

What resolution are you taking the photos at? 8 gigs of ram is not a lot with WIndows 10 as it'l use 1/4 of it just for Windows. 500 photos is a ton of photos. I'm thinking you're actually running low on resources. Anything over 3MP photos will have no affect on the report. A 3MP photo is enough to print a 3 ft wide poster. Let me know what you're taking them as and if you're higher, drop it for your jobs tomorrow and see how it goes.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Photo upload problem 6 years 9 months ago #63772

That worked! I lowered the camera resolution to 2048 x 1536 and 315 photos loaded with no problem in yesterday's report. I have another inspection today and anticipate that the photos will load equally as well. I will let you know if I have any more issues.

I did not know that anything over 3MP had no affect on the report. I have been using HIP since 2011 and have had my camera set to the highest resolution since the start. HIP 5 is the first time I have had an issue loading the photos.

Thanks for your help!
Toby

Toby Karlquist
Mesa, Arizona
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.