• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Radio Interview

Radio Interview 15 years 2 months ago #9014

Hey guys - I just had someone contact me by email saying his company is looking to do a radio interview with an energy audit firm.  They are only doing one company.  If I am not interested they are moving on.  The catch is that it is an internet interview.  They also do press releases to local newspapers, radio and tv stations, etc.  I have to contact him in 24 hours, the price changes on Friday, etc.  This also is supposed to increase my website's Google rankings, SEO visibility, and so forth.

The cost of the interview is $100.  The press release another $150.  There are examples of other interviews I can listen to.

Now, I understand all the marketing and sales techniques - only 24 hours, price changing and so forth.

My question is this - I have never searched for nor heard an internet radio interview.  I do not know anything about how effective it is as a marketing tool.  I don't know that any of my clients were looking for home inspectors by searching first for radio interviews over the web.

What do you know?  What do you think?

It is snowing and I have three scheduled today so I will not be around to read or answer any of this until about 9pm.  But thanks for your help...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: Radio Interview 15 years 2 months ago #9066

What is the radio website the interview will appear on? Something doesn't smell right.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Radio Interview 15 years 2 months ago #9070

Something stinks in Denmark. Doesn't smell right, stinky pooh, Jay, be careful, to cheap to be of any good.
But if it works let me know.LOL
What is the web site so we can see?

Russ

Title: McKee Home Inspection Services
URL: www.bakersfieldhomeinspector.biz
Body: Home Inspector Performing Inspections in Bakersfield California, Tehachapi, Rosamond, Ridgecrest,  and all areas of Kern County CA.
URL Path: McKee-Home-Inspection-Services.html

My Link Exchange Form:...

Re: Radio Interview 15 years 2 months ago #9071

He has not told me the company name, only that "we are a Public Relations company in business for over 20 years."  He gave me three links of "previous" interviews they had done, one of which has been "listened to 2.6 million times" (!).  But they look to be a generic page and there is no proof of anything that this company did. 

His email back is pressreleasenv at gmail, so that is generic and he is probably a regional person working for a larger concern.  I have not been even tempted.  My plan is to call him and ask him for company information and proof that their interviews have done what he claims.  Also, I want to talk (not read) with people who they did interviews for over a year ago and see the results since.  But I don't think I am going to even take it that far.

I am calling the guy today to decline, but I was wondering about your inputs. 

Thanks to everyone who took the time!

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: Radio Interview 15 years 2 months ago #9073

• Ian Niquette
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just another goofy lookin guy with no hair!!
  • Thank you received: 0
Why are they charging you to interview you?

Square One Home Inspection
Square One Home Inspection proudly serves Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Dodge, Marquette, Columbia, Winnebago, and Waushara Counties. Complete home inspections, thermal imaging and Radon testing available.
www.squareonehomeinspection.com
Keywords : Fond du Lac Home Inspection,...

Re: Radio Interview 15 years 2 months ago #9095

The proof is in the pudding. I don't see any pudding!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.