• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: AFCI Requirement question

AFCI Requirement question 11 years 3 weeks ago #52947

I did an inspection on a home in northridge Ca, built in 2006, there were no AFCIs installed. I called it out and the builder/seller told the buyer and agent they were not required. I found the code in the NEC book but I need to find the code online to send to the buyers agent. Does anybody know where to find it? I searched for an hour and then gave up. ANY help is appreciated!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: AFCI Requirement question 11 years 3 weeks ago #52957

Since the house was built in 2006, it is most likely the 2002 NEC that is the governing code.  The 2005 version may not have been adopted by your local AHJ by 2006.

archive.org/stream/gov.law.nfpa.nec.2002...earch/AFCI++bedrooms

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: AFCI Requirement question 11 years 2 weeks ago #53026

The previous poster is correct.  We as inspectors tend to want to enforce the latest recommendations but many jurisdictions are three, sometimes even six years behind.  Regardless, all you can do is point out what is right and hope someone respects your report enough to care.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.