• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help with Grounding and Bonding

Help with Grounding and Bonding 13 years 1 month ago #39011

I am having a little problem understanding the bonding. I understand it generically but really don't have it like I should. I get the grounding ok but but even after the interNACHI coarses including the NACHI TV show on Electrical, I just somehow can't get it clear. Can anyone give a shot at helping me see it.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Orlando's Best Home Inspection
www.OrlandosBestHomeInspection.com
www.GordyHaynes.com
www.OrlandoHomeInspections.Org

URL : www.OrlandosBestHomeInspection.com
Title: Orlando's Best Home Inspection
Description: Providing home inspections in all of Orlando Florida, including Winter Park,...

Re: Help with Grounding and Bonding 13 years 1 month ago #39014

bonding (the mechanical "connection" between components) and grounding (the connection to earth).

Joe, do you have any good illustrations, information as many inspectors(including myself) struggle with the differance between bonding and grounding.

Thanks in advance.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Help with Grounding and Bonding 13 years 1 month ago #39023

David and Joe,

I appreciate your reply and information. I think that would great if you did the youtube vid, Joe. You know I've seen vids on electrical inspections but they are more generic and didn't specifically isolate and describe the bonding and grounding. I actually have been around a long time and have been in the industry it seems like forever. But I want to address this with someone that can could convey with clarity how to get the bonding and grounding inspection right. I know there are many situations and each can be different, but the importance is so crytical. With a missed call on a plumbing issue, for example, no one will drown from a mistake. But if the bonding and grounding issues is missed or miss inturpted, someone can be killed. So thank you to you both. This is so important. I hope we have all that need it and/or can contribute hop on to this thread.
Thanks so much again.

Gordy

www.GordyHaynes.com

Description: Providing home inspections in all of Orlando Florida, including Winter Park,...

Re: Help with Grounding and Bonding 13 years 1 month ago #39024

Hey Joe,

I just looked at the images on the link you posted. They look very informative, but honestly, it's almost, not quite, like Chinese to me. I tell you Joe, if you were to do ten to maybe twenty video's of different panels and electrical inspections specifically addressing grounding and bonding, I'd be the first to send you a crisp $50.00. Please keep me in mind.

By the way, my website is

www.GordyHaynes.com

I actually know just a little bit more that it appears here but this is reallt important and I feel not clearly understood by many other than  myself.  BUT...I do a lot of hunting and fishing. That's the unrelated part of my site I thought I'd share. If anyone has a great resource and would be interested in a trade, let me know. Click the "Hunting and Fishing" link on my how page.

Gordy

www.GordyHaynes.com

Re: Help with Grounding and Bonding 13 years 1 month ago #39026

Thanks Joe. Listen, as I said, I'm a graphic artisit as well and I want to share a really great software with you that will make your production of both video and great high defination slideshows a snap.

You will love this. All of you that ever do that kind of stuff will. The site is;  www.photodex.com

www.photodex.com/eid8942/producer_jump?s...er&jsid=12355&jmt=1&

The particular product I use is "Pro-Show Producer" Pro Show Gold is good too but the Producer is the  best of the two.

Look at the sample shows different people post. The end product is extreamly professional and really easy to learn and their support is GREAT.

www.GordyHaynes.com

Re: Help with Grounding and Bonding 13 years 1 month ago #39068

Thanks for the followup Joe. That's material is so important and the grounding and bonding issues are as well. I know many of the inspectors involved in the new error of home inspections are like me...been around a long time, have a lot of experience, credientials, etc. but still don't have a clear and complete grasp on the national electrical code and correct field installations as it relates to grounding and bonding. You really can't just wing it on that be cause unlike a bad or missed call call with plumbing, lets say, no one will drown. If you make a bad or missed call on the grounding and or bonding...someone can be electcuted. Please keep the disscussion going and lets make the a priorty of understanding and education that we all share.  By the way, thanks for your comment David Macy. Much appreciated.

www.GordyHaynes.com

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.