• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "You Not Licensed Electricity"

Re: "You Not Licensed Electricity" 13 years 10 months ago #32208

Observe and report, right David?  That's really all we are supposed to do and really all I did!

Just think if a fire happens....the lawyers will want to see the Home Inspection report......Im friendly with realtors on the inspection.  But when I go home its all about writing up the defects...I dont need realtors that want me to lie on the report !!!!
They wont take care of my family when Im put out of business for not writing up all the defects I see...E/O insurance is high enough with out having a claim against you.
I had one  close call....in my 4 years of being a Home Inspector. The realtor turned on me  big time....I added alot of cover your ass verbiage after that and no sympathy for
the realtor.....If that particular realtor never uses you again your better off.

David
www.pyramid-home-inspections.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: "You Not Licensed Electricity" 13 years 10 months ago #32210

I try to say it completely without too much verbiage.  In this case, "Low voltage of less than 100 volts found in the basement circuit beginning near the wet bar and extending into the billiard room.  Evaluation by a licensed professional recommended."

Then it is there and I am off the hook.  This lady, who didn't even know what I was talking about, is telling me that I am wrong and can't even test for it!

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: "You Not Licensed Electricity" 13 years 8 months ago #34292

I have the same tester (upon Jay's recommendation) it is a very handy piece of equipment. I have had a couple of electricians call me and ask me how I have found things similar to what Jay wrote about here, and where I get that tester.

Bent Nail Inspections
Serving Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Nampa, Caldwell and surrounding areas
Boise home inspector, boise home inspections, Meridian home inspector, Idaho Home Inspection, Nampa Home Inspector
Boise home Inspections   
www.bestboisehomeinspection.com/ ...

Re: "You Not Licensed Electricity" 13 years 8 months ago #34299

It freaks them out when we find stuff!

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: "You Not Licensed Electricity" 13 years 8 months ago #34379

Did a recent inspection where the seller claimed to be a licensed electrician. He basically screwed up his entire service.

What was upsetting for me that day is when I went to test the bathroom GFCI and it had a hot wax open air freshner that dumped all over my computer, papers and my hand. I was lucky it did not damage my computer. All the more reason to add a protective cover for my PC.

Here are a few pics of the system that the som called licensed elctrician installed.
The one picture of the exposed romex above the cabinet had an receptacle as well. The cabinet was not secured. Speaker wires connect to electrical wires.

The picture of the unsecured gang box was 1 of 6, installed at what the claim is a second kitchen. What is a GFCI? House was built in 1999.

What is the NEC, what is a code, what is a permit?

He also messed up the plumbing as well.
Attachments:

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...
Last Edit: by David Macy.

Re: "You Not Licensed Electricity" 13 years 8 months ago #34381

• Bert de Haan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0
What am I seeing in picture 2?  Is that electrical wire to extend the speaker wire or is it the other way around?

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.