• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how do I edit the template

how do I edit the template 6 years 5 months ago #63923

It has been a hit and/or miss experience editing the template, the default template that is. I have been attempting to add two of everything on the interior sections for the inspection of both sides of a duplex. Obviously,I can only use the mobile doing one inspection at a time before i upload that inspection to the cloud, so I thought...why not duplicate the interior sections and the electrical, water heater, etc. so I can enter information for either side of the duplex. Well, I am having trouble copying the damage panel lists to the second areas. It is the weekend and I have to inspect on this Sunday, tomorrow, and cannot contact support until Monday. I will be taking notes on the mobile, on paper and many photos but i want to be prepared when I call support Monday morning. If fact I will call tonight and leave my number so they call back soon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

how do I edit the template 6 years 5 months ago #63924

First take your Default template and Save it with a new name like Duplex. Now open the new Duplex template.
Edit Template, On the left side, Add a section you want and move it to where you want it. Say you have a General Interiors, add an Interiors Unit 2.
Then go back to the General Interiors and select the item from the right panel, Copy to Interiors Unit 2.
You will have to do this for each item under General Interiors or whatever section you are duplicating.

Personally I don't do that for general stuff. I just add (Unit 1, Unit 2 or Both Units) after the defect.

With copying, you should be able to duplicate and make a Duplex template in about an hour at most.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

how do I edit the template 6 years 5 months ago #63929

Thank you Stephen for your reply that seemed to have arrived in the wee hours. After I posted my situation, I went back to work on the problem and figured it out and created an edited Default template and sent it to the mobile device. In the morning I saw your reply and good suggestions. What I did not do was rename the template, Duplex. I have a call in to HIP support to help with doing that after the fact if that is possible at all. Had to do that inspection on Sunday and now working on completing the mobile report to see how all that works. Thanks Again.

how do I edit the template 6 years 5 months ago #63930

Just open it back up again and save it to whatever name you want..
See attached .
This is the path to find it and save it another drive for safe keeping.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Home Inspector Pro\Data
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Arvoy

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: by Roy Lewis.

how do I edit the template 6 years 5 months ago #63932

Yes sir and I thank you for your help. HIP support contacted me this morning and told me the same thing. I am set so far.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.