• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using PC tablet in field

Using PC tablet in field 9 years 8 months ago #58558

Has anyone used a PC style tablet )touch screen)with the full version of HIP instead of a the HIP mobile app to input data on scene. I am finding the mobile app a little restrictive and it is causing me to go back and redo a lot of the report at home to get it how I want it. I color code my report with four different colors to differentiate the type of problem (maintenance, minor damage, safety issue, ect)I am not able to do this with the mobile app. I am also having a lot of issues trying to use lists with the mobile app. It might be my tablet (Samsung, Galaxy Tab 3)but it freezes up when I try to select a list. Would like to find a new PC with a touch screen, maybe like the Asus Transformer. Not sure what operating systems would be compatible or if this idea is even plausible.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Using PC tablet in field 9 years 8 months ago #58560

Hi Matt,

HIP was designed from day 1, 10 years ago to be used with a full tablet touch screen. So I'd definitely say yes! That was the primary device before mobile was used.

Get a full Windows (not RT edition) 7 or 8 device.

I'm surprised to hear you're having issues with lists as I haven't seen that reported before. Are you running the most up to date version?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.