• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Macbook Pro software issue

Macbook Pro software issue 10 years 2 months ago #57163

Hello,

Just trying out HIP on my Macbook Pro. �I have an inspection tomorrow that I want to use it on. �Here is my issue....

That Macbook is my wife's. �The computer only had one user....her. �I downloaded the program and its works great. �I have since added myself as a user to the Macbook. �The software will still open when using her user login, but when I login the Macbook using my newly created user ID, HIP will start to load, but never completely open.

I know I can just her ID, but I have settings and files saved under my newly created user ID and want to be abe to use mine.

What could be the issue??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Macbook Pro software issue 10 years 2 months ago #57164

It might still be running on hers. Try rebooting the computer and log directly into your account

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Macbook Pro software issue 10 years 2 months ago #57166

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did a restart of the computer it acts the same way.  The program loads, but then freezes under my name.  I see HIP 3 on the top, but "File, Edit, etc" doesn' load, nor does anything else.  I actually still see my desktop.  I could uninstall and then install the software again...BUT, I have template I spent 2 days getting just the way I like it and I do not want to start over.  If I copy the template from the data folder, uninstall, then reinstall HIP, can i just copy my template back into the new data folder?  Will that work?  That would be my only reservation about uninstalling.

Re: Macbook Pro software issue 10 years 2 months ago #57167

You can always make a copy of the folder (right click, copy) and copy the template file. It's the .tpz file in the Data folder. You could just try running the installer again from your account too and see how it goes.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.